Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual Walkabout to begin next week

Go down

Annual Walkabout to begin next week Empty Annual Walkabout to begin next week

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:26 am

G'day All,
Once again it is time for us to begin our annual migration to Alaska.

For those who haven't heard "The Story" before, we travel 8,000+ Km each way, (our) Spring and Fall to mine for Gold while spending the warm months in a small town called Trapper Creek, about 200 Km North and West by road from Anchorage.

With genset electricity, carried water and few of the other 'nicities' of civilization we 'rough it' in high style until our return to "The Lower 48" (states) in October.

So, when we return there shall be even more stories in the search for "Oro Fino".

Back to top Go down

Annual Walkabout to begin next week Empty Re: Annual Walkabout to begin next week

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 am

KAEOJ mate you are indeed a lucky man ALASKA wow I would love to be with you. Have a safe journey, about what time of the year will you be back on deck? cheers mate cheers

Back to top Go down

Annual Walkabout to begin next week Empty Re: Annual Walkabout to begin next week

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:16 am

James,

Back here, right in front of the "One Eyed Beast", somewhere about mid October. We spend winters here to be near the wife's mother. Sad case of Alzheimers there.

More pictures to follow when we return.

I'm excited, as usual!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:33 am

KAEOJ all the best for the upcoming season cheers may your pans be filled with yallar stuff! Very Happy

Back to top Go down