Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G1 CONCETRATOR

2 posters

Go down

G1 CONCETRATOR Empty G1 CONCETRATOR

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi, Has anyone out there seen one of these units from the US? I have seen the youtube and looks the part but how good are they really?
It looks like a steel frame with plastic trays where the riffles are different to others on the market, can someone shed some light on these new sluices?
Thanks,
uncle bob.

Back to top Go down

G1 CONCETRATOR Empty Re: G1 CONCETRATOR

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:29 pm

They are of a drop type riffle much like the Le Trap i think can be good but are prone to chocking with heavy sands -so im told - but not having seen one i cannot truly say!

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:31 pm

have ya got a pic uncle bob?????????
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Yeah, no sorry no good with doing pictures on the computer.
www.usprospector.com/index.php/concentrator
I think this site is the place that makes them.
uncle bob

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Murachu wrote:They are of a drop type riffle much like the Le Trap i think can be good but are prone to chocking with heavy sands -so im told - but not having seen one i cannot truly say!

How true indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:45 pm

OK, if this sluice gets clogged with heavy sands what sluic would you suggest that does the job like the G1 Concentrator. I mean, where I can shovel the dirt and rocks where it will be blasted with water and get the fine gold too? I have looked at the MK Marks one but it's too bulky and expensive and don't want to build one as I am not good at a project like this? Any suggestions, please?
Thanks,
uncle bob.

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 pm

The problem I can see with this is the dirt will run down the sluice before the water blasts it....you can make this on any sluice with a bit of PVC piping and a few fittings I have the marks sluice and the top box runs slightly backwards and the water pushes the dirt out cuts mud apart no worries...
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:18 pm

uncle bob
Grin good name that one, Miners Den Sydney has Highbankers for sale give them a bell and they should be able to help you out. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:40 pm

G'day Uncle Bob,

You are in luck, I have used the US Prospector's G-1 exclusively for the last two mining seasons.

To answer your specific concerns - no, it doesn't clog with material in normal use. The design is such that the top tray (yes, a vacuum formed tray) is where the material is washed, larger gold is recovered and the slurry is classified with oversized material going off the end of the expanded metal and undersized material dropping to the lower tray for fine gold recovery.
Both the trays are independently adjusted with the top tray being able to be used in a variety of pitches, depending on your washing needs. The bottom tray is set up according to the top tray's actual pitch and the volume of water being used. Using the simple instructions you first make the bottom tray too flat, forming a sand bar at the midpoint, and then gradually drop the low end until that sand bar just dissapears. You are ready to start working when that middle sand bar clears itself away.
As with any sluice you can shovel so vigorously that you swamp the system. Pacing yourself is always the answer to best production. 1/2 shovel fulls of material every 5 to 8 seconds for hours on end will eat up the material. Watching that middle of the bottom tray from time to time will quickly get you into the proper rythm. Trust me, the G-1 will win your heart with gold found ranging from 19mm+ down to 350 mesh. In an area with very consistant gold I was able to pay for the entire system (G-1, S-1 and auto feeder) with just the increased gold I found in the first 1.5 mining seasons. As of the middle of last summer I was the proud owner of a fully paid-up system which came from increased recovery.
Let me reiterate one point: ANY sluice box can be overloaded. ANY recovery unit can be flooded with too much material. The G-1 will keep up with a strong, measured feed and at a rate better than the video on their website.

To answer skysite's concerns on the spraybar - the spraybar is square with the (movable up/down) deluge spray bar shooting upstream. This is not a pinpoint, high pressure spray system, but rather a deluge system providing a swirling wash action which does not rely on pressure alone to wash.

To address the question everyone asks - clay. Most light clays process quickly and easily. For very heavy, sticky or hard clay move to a trommel to break up that type material.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Keoj,
Thanks very much for this info on the G1 Sluice. I saw the video and was happy with the performance. Getting one will be a problem for me because in the US they sell for $575 and if I want to get one in Australia it will cost $970 and I still need the hoses and pump. I have inquired to ge one from the US but the postage is about $400, so this makes it too expensive. I guess I will start with something a little cheaper and maybe when I get the hang of sluicing I might be able to afford the G1 Sluice.
Thanks once again,
uncle bob

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:51 pm

KAEOJ cheers cheers cheers wow a great reply from one who has used this product !! well done and welcome to this site Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 pm

cheers Good reply KA. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Frog Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:09 pm

Welcome KAEOJ to the forum mate that was some very good infomation welldone.Frog Very Happy

Frog
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:42 am

Well thank you all for the kind words!

From this end it was rather easy, just ramble on about something I know. Razz Smile

I'll try to afix some pictures here with an edit if I can figure the system out.

The G-1 just after shutdown
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1194

A full wash-out of both G-1 trays. Time to wash out was about 30 seconds
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1196

+ 6.35 mm oversize
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1199

- 6.35 mm +20
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1200

G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1201

The square spray bar at full power. Note the "Rooster Tail" effect
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1190

Another view of the "Rooster Tail"
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1192

And finally - here is my mate, Mike as the designated "Auto Feeder" for the G-1 that day
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1204

Last edited by KAEOJ on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Photos)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:10 am

I see the G-1 sells for $970 at Miners' Den. Yikes!

http://www.minersden.com.au/default.asp?pageid=Products&template=PRODUCTCAT&catid=724&site=15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:13 am

Hey Kaeoj,
that's what I told you in one of my posts here, expensive ha.?
uncle bob.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:15 am

By the way, thanks for the photo's. Great to see the details of this sluice.
Cheers,
uncle bob. sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks Gents!

Another FAQ is what maximum size rocks can I put through the G-1? Look at the last photo (Auto Feeder Mike) and look at the shovel. Those are the size that just squeak under the spray bar. If they are too large to squeeze under you just have to pull them out by hand.

The post and table are horiz / vert with the demonstrator G-1 set to run at the US P shop.
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1103

8 G-1s set up to process the -6.35 mm discharge from an 81 cm trommel
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1130

The trommel
G1 CONCETRATOR 100_1111[IMG]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:05 pm

ooouuuhhhh ive got the twiches again!! great pics cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Great pics mate......love the bigger scale mining no stuffing around good info as well
Cheers Dave
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:58 pm

My favorite mining spot - below the 1.067 Meter diameter trommel

G1 CONCETRATOR 100_0900