Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All of a sudden there was this noise

+3
chopppacalamari
kon61
TheGoldenChild
7 posters

Go down

All of a sudden there was this noise Empty All of a sudden there was this noise

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Well there I was waving my 4500 over some Castlemaine ground when I heard this rumbling noise coming down the road.

OKA ???????

I looked up and there it was choooofing down the road affraid affraid affraid It was Mark and Ronda from GPA Very Happy

Got onto the mobil - gave them a call, no reception >>>>>> a pox on you OPTUS Crying or Very sad But they saw my Camry as they passed and turned around to say hello Very Happy Very Happy

We had a chat and they said come with us as we are detecting with a couple of blokes from NSW. Cool I said to myself... What a Face

Well we got to the spot - Mark and Ronda's GPA OKA, with me and 2 Landcruisers in tow. I was introduced - Mark said Oh you would know these blokes from the forum.

Well cover me with Honey and put me over an Anthills nest - It was Jigalong and whatsthetime bounce

To cut a long story short we had a great day.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy A total of 42 nuggets between the five of us bounce

Not to shabby...

Mark 15
Ronda 12
Jig 8 >> five of those nugs were from one hole - we gave Jig lottsa of advise on how to dig cause we are helpful people Laughing
Me 4
Whatst 3

Nice to put a face to the name.....

Here are my four - happy with that bounce

All of a sudden there was this noise Cornis10

Back to top Go down

All of a sudden there was this noise Empty Re: All of a sudden there was this noise

Post  TheGoldenChild Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Well done ARARAT, Jigalong and whatsthetime, 42 nuggets in one day is an awesome effort.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

All of a sudden there was this noise Empty Re: All of a sudden there was this noise

Post  kon61 Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Sounds like good news all round Ararat.Well done to all of you.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Well done Ararat and to the rest of the crew 42 nugget in one area. That has to be a prime spot. Laughing And I see that pesky 5cent piece has turned up again. By joves it gets around a lot Surprised
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Wombat wrote:And I see that pesky 5cent piece has turned up again. By joves it gets around a lot Surprised
Wombat

Needs a buff me thinks to bring it up to the correct standard....... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm

HaHa.. its a small world.. Well done people. Nice gold ..

Dicko
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Good story and a great effort, what a perfect day ay!!!
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 pm

42 nuggets , what a sweet result - top effort to you all !!!
cheers gully hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:53 am

well done mate that's great and nice picture... it is good to put a name to a face...
lol! wombat that 5 cents is going to be getting around a bit more as yet
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 am

Good day out guys. And I am glad to see the Echidna is sitting up on his bum properly for a change.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Hey guys I'm not going to worry about the 5 cent piece to show of my gold when I get up to Maryborough, I'm going straight for the 50 cent piece Laughing Smile

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:49 pm

What a chance of good luck, or was Mark on the look out for your car after being tied up all weekend at the Jamboree?? Did he just need to get out for a swing with some normal people??

Well done mate

Peter
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Universal1 Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Excellent! Well done!

I'm actually catching up with Jigalong Saturday week, looking forward to it Very Happy
Universal1
Universal1
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenbrown Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Great effort guys, gees you must of doug alot of holes to walk away with 42 nuggs......phewww!
Nice pics too, keep up the good work...
cheers goldenbrown...
goldenbrown
goldenbrown
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:00 pm

mariner3800 wrote:What a chance of good luck Did he just need to get out for a swing with some normal people?? Peter
Hi Peter,
Yes it was good luck cheers

Me normal - just maybe (They just wanted to see if I was doing the right thing) lol! lol! As you know they do not detect when on tour so it was interesting to watch Mark and Ronda with a detector in hand >>great operators , very thorough .. Very Happy

You will enjoy Laanacoorie this weekend - Perfect weather by the looks of it....Hopefully you will have some nugget success Wink

Universal1 wrote: I'm actually catching up with Jigalong Saturday week, looking forward to it Very Happy

Nice bloke >>> he is a geared up - I look almost naked next to him Laughing

Wombat wrote:Hey guys I'm not going to worry about the 5 cent piece to show of my gold when I get up to Maryborough, I'm going straight for the 50 cent piece Laughing Smile

Wombat

Now thats what I like to hear cheers cheers

Notice the Buff Cool

All of a sudden there was this noise Img_3010

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:04 pm

goldenbrown wrote:gees you must of doug alot of holes.
cheers goldenbrown...

Hi GB,

As always - lead shot/ground noise etc.. but not to bad.

Regards
A

Back to top Go down