Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to find Gold

+4
march
TheH0ward
TheGoldenChild
GoldstalkerGPX
8 posters

Go down

Where to find Gold Empty Where to find Gold

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:17 am

I headed off to Vaughan Springs for a quick look and then headed to Castlemaine on Sunday afternoon and had a bit of a poke around with the 18" coil and had a bit of a night detect but no gold.

Up early on Monday morning and off to check out a few locations, on with the 11" mono and it wasn't long before I had my first piece in the gold bottle, then another and another and so on, all within a small area, the largest was 2.8 grams once cleaned up and was about 350mm deep, it didn't make for easy digging with plenty of tree roots in the way.

After it was all said and done I had a great day out, the weather perfect and some photo's of the area as well.

Where to find Gold Castlemaine07-03-2011

A couple of youtubes are uploading as I type, I only managed to get two video's, the camera played up and just missed the shots of the uncovered gold and the others I didn't film because of the amount of rubbish that was comming out as well.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Where to find Gold Empty Re: Where to find Gold

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 am

weldone champ awesome finds, how did fish go?
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:28 am

Great finds GoldstalkerGPX.... cheers

A

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:24 am

nice collection GoldstalkerGPX....well done.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:02 am

awesome stuff Smile so happy for you!!!
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:10 am

Here is the dig of the 2.8g nugget

(there will be another vid shortly...4th time lucky Sad )

Finally got it to upload....... cheers

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Where to find Gold Empty Re Pol`s patch

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:19 am

Great going GoldstalkerGPX,you`re on a roll.A decent dig for the bigger bit too cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 am

stoppsy wrote:weldone champ awesome finds, how did fish go?
cheers
stoppsy

I got plenty of lead bullets and a few boot tacks.
Ended up getting frustrated with my new detector and went home early.
Need to read the manual and study up before the next trip. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Where to find Gold Empty patch find

Post  march Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:50 pm

hi GoldstalkerGPX, nice find. I'm a newie to the hobby but can i ask when you find these patches, how wide of an area can they be?
I found my first bit of gold in chewton not far from you, but i wasnt sure if i should of checked around the same spot to see if its a patch or not.
Simply, how far should you go? Thanks March

march
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:29 pm

"when you find these patches, how wide of an area can they be?"

Depends where you are detecting March. Around old diggings I wouldn't call it a patch, more so leftovers other detectors missed and if you cover some ground you will pick up a piece here a piece there rather then in one spot close together. On gentle slopes away from diggings when you find a piece and more importantly maybe a second or third I would concentrate on a 10-15 metre corridor from the bottom of the slope to the top or if the reef is visible to the reef. Any gold shedding from that part of the reef would roll down this corridor with the bigger ones near the top an the smaller ones near the bottom, unless the whole reef is gold bearing which would mean there would be gold all over the slope and you have just made the Millionaire list. Very Happy

Last edited by TheGoldenChild on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:33 pm

G'day March, Good question, I guess if you find one nugget then you should concentrate the immediate area to see if there are more, in my case I found the first one up higher on the hill, as I moved down I started to find another, then by looking at the contour of the land I could imagine the flow of the gold then and concentrated within that area and did pick up a few more, the others were off to the sides a bit like in a typical 'flow' in a fan shape as it moved down the hillside.

I just had a look on ozi-explorer at where all my finds were and the area was roughly 200 square meters, so not a large area.

Cheers

edit....This was virgin ground, no diggings
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 pm

march wrote:hi GoldstalkerGPX, nice find. I'm a newie to the hobby but can i ask when you find these patches, how wide of an area can they be?
I found my first bit of gold in chewton not far from you, but i wasnt sure if i should of checked around the same spot to see if its a patch or not.
if i was you march i would be going back as there could be more there. gold can travel far so you just have to detect and listen. i hit a patch and pulled out 12 or so bits. it woud off been 20m by 10m. i went back to this spot a few times and kept on finding more when i thought i had it all. sometimes it could be just the one bit ...the only way to find out is try it a few time to see.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 pm

hey FB, havn't you done the day out as yet?
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:40 pm

In about 2 weeks stoppsy. I wanted to try it a few times before the training day so I would have a bit of an idea of how it works. I really struggled with it when I went out with goldstalker (very noisey most of the time) I ended up cracking the shits and going home early cause I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. At least I now have a list of questions for the training day Very Happy
It was goodoro see goldstalker find the patch and get all those bits, hopefully when I work out how to use my machine then I will find some to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:32 pm

that's a good thing to do tho like testing it and jot down anything your not sure about so you can ask... once you do the day out you'll be fine mate, you'll be pulling gold out all the time... didn't you take the 3500 with you?
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Where to find Gold Empty awesome

Post  madmaverick Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:43 pm

good for you goldstalker, great to see and a big thanks for the vids too m8,, bloody well done

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey GoldstalkerGPX , top job on those bits bro - real nice ! , you cant beat live footage either - Well done..
cheers gully hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 pm

fantastic vids there Smile love watching people dig gold Very Happy
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 pm

well done mate that's awesome bro..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Where to find Gold Empty Pol's Patch

Post  YibiDavid Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi Goldstalker, Hate to be a party pooper but I happen to notice the date on your vid -- 9.27.08 ? Might need to update that man! Thanks all the same for your effort, clear & crisp shooting, cheers yibidavid
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  everhopeful Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Hey gully do those two monsters you have with you..do they dig??
everhopeful

everhopeful
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 pm

YibiDavid wrote:Hi Goldstalker, Hate to be a party pooper but I happen to notice the date on your vid -- 9.27.08 ? Might need to update that man! Thanks all the same for your effort, clear & crisp shooting, cheers yibidavid

Yeah, there is no way of adjusting it to my knowledge?? one of my vids (not posted) proves time travel is possible.....it's date is 2012 affraid

This post shows the type of camera used YibiDavid.
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t2144-first-youtube-vid-trial

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Where to find Gold Empty Re Pols Patch

Post  YibiDavid Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi goldstacker, I could be wasting my time here? Was wondering if your video has a small battery supplied that you don't know of. If so I suggest you remove & replace it, thus zero ing all the times & dates, which would allow you to update to the correct times & date. Hope this may help, great videoing regardless, cheers, yibidavid Razz
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Not wasting your time, I appreciate the thoughts, the unit has an inbuilt lithium Ion battery that can't be removed (not easily anyway) I guess that if it did zero the times etc it would possibly go to a preset build date??
Then there is no way of adjustment that I know of, there is no display (3 buttons, 1.torch, 2. on/off/rec, 3.still photo.) so the only way is to connect to a putor and to my knowledge there is no way of adjusting.

There are a few guys out there using this unit now so if you know something I don't please do tell.

Thanks yibidavid....I like goldstacker better than goldstalker too Laughing

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:44 am

march wrote:hi GoldstalkerGPX, nice find. I'm a newie to the hobby but can i ask when you find these patches, how wide of an area can they be?
hey march i found one off me mates gold patches that he videoed... i was just standing there when he was videoing it.... he found a go wack off gold in this...

cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down