Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD?

4 posters

Go down

gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD? Empty gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD?

Post  aido Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:34 am

hi guys, dont know why but driving through these areas it really strikes me as gold country. i am a newbie to the game and could be way off. there are big brown rocks everywhere down that way and plenty of creeks with hills around. it gets very hot too. sorry for the limited knowelge, any pointers on how to tell. cheers, Aido

aido
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD? Empty Re: gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD?

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:16 pm

hi
i can't offer any advice on the ground your asking about, but if a place looks good to you then give it a go.
you never know what you might find.
if you found some gold in an area that is not known for gold, the mind boggles at what you could pick up.
cheers

Back to top Go down

gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD? Empty Re: gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD?

Post  aido Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:30 pm

thanks fencejumper. i mite give it a go. it would be bloody awsome to find a new area. cheers

aido
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD? Empty Hey aido

Post  madmaverick Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:33 pm

pretty new to all this here too m8, but we are in Brissie, so if ya ever want some company out there let us know,,, ya never know what you will find out there m8, if ya don't give an area a go you will never know lol

Happy Hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey Aldo,

Just checked the mineral maps for you areas and Rathdowny looks like a better area of the two, but hey, as Fenchjumper suggested, go for a swing mate, you never know what you might come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:21 pm

brookesy888 wrote:Hey Aldo,

as Fenchjumper suggested, go for a swing mate, you never know what you might come up with.

i would jump a fence (to retrieve a ball Very Happy ) but you will never catch me jumping a FENCH, there too scary

Razz cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Axeman Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:19 am

I remembered that a good friend spent a lot of time around Rathdowney in his youth and said something about gold in the area. I spoke to him on the phone this morning and he confirmed what he told me all those years ago. He had forgotten about it completely untill I jogged his memory ( I need that a fair bit these days myself ) and said he was going for a drive later today to see if he could find the same spot again. I will let you guys know what he finds if your still interested.
Axeman
Axeman
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Back to top Go down

gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD? Empty hey there

Post  madmaverick Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:38 pm

that sounds like a great area,, please do keep us posted, would be extremely keen indeed,, cheers for the effort m8

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

gold at Boonah or Rathdowny SE QLD? Empty Rathdowney

Post  Bryane1 Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:57 am

Axeman wrote:I remembered that a good friend spent a lot of time around Rathdowney in his youth and said something about gold in the area. I spoke to him on the phone this morning and he confirmed what he told me all those years ago. He had forgotten about it completely untill I jogged his memory ( I need that a fair bit these days myself ) and said he was going for a drive later today to see if he could find the same spot again. I will let you guys know what he finds if your still interested.

G'day Axeman I live fairly close to Rathdowney and was wondering if you had heard back from your friend.
Bryane1
Bryane1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down