Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

linton area today

Go down

linton area today Empty linton area today

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:13 pm

had a detecting / panning day with frog, eureka dreams & fire1aus today. what a fantastic opportunity to meet other members & what a great day. THANK YOU HEAPS GUYS.

My 705 got me some nice old relics, lot of bullet shells, but still no gold yet lol ( still great day though).
panning - got about 9 specs.

so, thankyou again guys for great day & all the tips you all gave me, special thankyou frog for organizing it & the equipment you made me up.
& thank you fire1aus for a go with your detector.

we will have to organize another trip up there soon (or if any of you are in w'bool, will take you to the beach if you have time for a detect).
Very Happy

Last edited by DiggerJack on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hmmm, i dont know)

Back to top Go down

linton area today Empty Re: linton area today

Post  TheH0ward Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:41 am

so glad you all had a good day Smile Im really pleased for you DJ.
So what were the nice old relics?
Really glad you have found someone with experience to take you detecting. Maybe next time you will get the gold! It will happen.

Your going to learn so much more from those guys DJ, just dont forget what they tell you, lol.

Cheers guys, keep us informed of your outings and finds.

Very Happy

ps... i assume frog made you a sluice? Cool stuff.
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

linton area today Empty Re: linton area today

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:16 am

thanks TH,
the relics were 3 old spikes, varying in length & width, what looks like a large chain link, but i don't think it is (frog said that he thought the oldtimers put them on the bottom of there boots).
yes he did make me a sluice.

Back to top Go down

linton area today Empty Re Linton area today

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Yes it was good to catch up with you DiggerJack,along with Frog and Fire1aus.It was some fun detecting those VERY large mullock heaps at Linton.The heaps are very prominent on the landscape,but when you are standing atop them you can really take in the sheer size of these heaps..There were great amounts of gold taken from these deep leads..

I am happy that you enjoyed your day out DiggerJack,and you will no doubt soon find your first bit with a detector as you have great enthusiasm...Great to hear that you did see some colour in the bottom of your pan Smile

A BIG thank you to Frog for arranging access to the property to detect on,and i enjoyed the company of fellow members who are also keen on the GOLD Smile

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down