Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parkes NSW

2 posters

Go down

Parkes NSW Empty Parkes NSW

Post  Jack0gold Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi all, Can any one tell me if theres any where to detect around the Parkes/ Forbes area of nsw. I will be working out that way for the next few weeks.
Thought might take along the 5000.

Cheers

Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Parkes NSW Empty Re: Parkes NSW

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 pm

G'day Jack0

Mostly on private ground by the looks of it anywhere near Parkes. Some old diggings marked on the maps just south of parkes where the Newell hwy crosses the railway line, on the left of the highway out in the paddocks about 1km. There is a road about 800 metres or so before the rail way line that goes right past these old diggings, also private land by the looks of it.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack0gold Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm

hey Dave, not looking real promising out that way. Will ask around while im there.
How did you do out the dam? any good?

Cheers

Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Yeah Jack0, thats what you'll need to do when its all paddocks, but if you can get on the right paddocks you just never know.

Trip last weekend to the dam was ok, meet up with a few members and had a good day out, the Mrs got 2 little nugs for about .8g I think it was.

It started out quiet but after a hour or two there were boats and cars and gennys going, dogs barking etc but the EMI was non existant, just people coming and going was a bit of a pain, make it a bit hard to concentrate on detecting.

Water in the dam is down to 99% and getting a fair bit of exposed bank now to detect on, just need to wait for the crowds of boats to ease up a bit.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Just wear the ELVIS suit JackO, & tell 'em " its now or never" & you'll be right. Laughing
Osama.

Back to top Go down

Parkes NSW Empty Parkes

Post  rgloginja Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:46 pm

I am heading out ten k's south of parkes this weekend to start playing in the creek.

I've got access to a property out there where the creek backs onto it.

I'll let you know how that goes

rgloginja

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down