Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilbara Trip

3 posters

Go down

Pilbara Trip Empty Pilbara Trip

Post  rarebreed Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey guys,
I'm going for a trip to the Pilbara next week, I lived up there for 15 years did a lot of prospecting and found a lot of gold.
I'll be going through to Newman, Nanutara, Onslow area etc.
I'll be visiting a lot of places i use to go to but i will also be looking for new patches and I'm wondering if anyone has had success and willing to share their experience with me.

I will also be doing a stop over in Que for a small day trip to hopefully pick up a few nuggets.
When i get back ill share pics of hopefully the gold i find and my experience up North.

Cheers

rarebreed
rarebreed
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Pilbara Trip Empty Re: Pilbara Trip

Post  Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:41 pm

rarebreed

Best indicator up that way is to keep a sharp eye out for a bluish looking quartz,
tones of gold has been found where that stuff crops out.
Not a great deal of gold spots at "Mining area c " but a few areas east of newman.
Better off keep goin nth to Nulagine area, out to mosquito ck region, still plenty
of gold being won out that way.
Of course if you can get permission from the elders at "yandeearra" thats probly your best bet
for alluvial.

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Pilbara this time of year? Ill say one thing for ya,your a much stronger man than i am Gungudin.
I take it that the monsoon season and high temperatures don't affect ya.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  the speciman Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:37 pm

COME ON KON 61
the hotter the better (less people out there) the wetter the better (washes the dust of the little nuggets)

GDAY RAREBREED
what a handle love me jim beam
anyway gold gold gold there is still plenty around if you put the effort in !!!
ive been picking a few up out CROYDEN STATION( golden valley) loudens patch ,mallina /peawah and even on the sherock station on the left hand side of the highway before you get to whim creek show us some pics if you do allright.
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

PS check out g&g volume 1

the speciman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  rarebreed Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Hey Pete, Thanks for the tip, I haven't had a lot of luck around that bluish black Quartz up North, i came across this one patch all indications looked great shedding quartz off a really old eroded hill it looked perfect alas i found zip. Don't think ill go NE up but most likely go over to the West Onslow Panna way.
Kon, yer the weather this time of year is harsh up north, I'm well aware of the temps and the potential to be flooded out all in the say day, alas its the only time i could get off work and my old man has holidays as well i grew up in Karratha and i work up there as well.
Lets just say I'm use to the heat, but i will still only prospect during early morning and late evening, its just to harsh to try go through the whole day. After 2 days in temps of 40+ you have nothing left and dehydration becomes a real problem. I suspect that i will be doing a lot of sleeping and sitting under a Tree.

It truly boggles the mind that the old timers use to do it day in and day out with limited supplies, limited water, though a lot of them also died.....

Cheers guys.

rarebreed
rarebreed
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down