Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malmsbury_Kyneton_Trentham_Daylesford_Tylden_Lauriston_Blackwood

3 posters

Go down

Malmsbury_Kyneton_Trentham_Daylesford_Tylden_Lauriston_Blackwood Empty Malmsbury_Kyneton_Trentham_Daylesford_Tylden_Lauriston_Blackwood

Post  24kt Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 am

Hi , has anyone had any success in the following regions south of the Golden Triangle of Victoria in the following townships and associated areas Malmsbury, Kyneton, Trentham, Daylesford, Tylden, Lauriston, Blackwood and the Lerderderg section.

The other day i explored Daylesford areas using the " Metal Detecting Map with notes GOLD&RELIC SITES , Daylesford Barkstead map28". The maps need some form of updating as in the Wombat State Forest along Telegraph Road , seems remnants of a pine plantations. Most of the old diggings have bean worked over with heavy machinery and new road names have been ploughed through the area and existing old dirt track have no signage to establish ones location in reference to the GOLD&RELIC SITES map I used.

Also explored around Stony Creek Road and Jubilee Lake Road and found some mullocks and old workings NO GOLD but heaps of heavy broken machinery parts buried in the ground, Seems the place has been really worked over in the gold rush days.

All the towns I have mentioned above have been also mined for gold just trying to find any information people would consider sharing.

Next place of interest is Blackwood and the Lerderderg section will give this a go.

Cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Daylesford Barkstead map28 - GOLD&RELIC SITES)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Malmsbury_Kyneton_Trentham_Daylesford_Tylden_Lauriston_Blackwood Empty Re: Malmsbury_Kyneton_Trentham_Daylesford_Tylden_Lauriston_Blackwood

Post  Jack Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:31 pm

I've been out to Blackwood twice now and have had no luck. There's alot of rubbish around and it gets really frustrating. Dunno about any of the other spots

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Malmsbury_Kyneton_Trentham_Daylesford_Tylden_Lauriston_Blackwood Empty Re: Malmsbury_Kyneton_Trentham_Daylesford_Tylden_Lauriston_Blackwood

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:16 pm

G'day 24kt, I think I read somewhere that the Lerderderg is a NO-GO area mate, I was checking out these spots when I lived in Geelong and I'm sure that's what I found out.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Malmsbury_Kyneton_Trentham_Daylesford_Tylden_Lauriston_Blackwood Empty Lerderderg OFF LIMITS ???

Post  24kt Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 am

GoldstalkerGPX wrote:
G'day 24kt, I think I read somewhere that the Lerderderg is a NO-GO area mate, I was checking out these spots when I lived in Geelong and I'm sure that's what I found out.

Cheers

Hello GoldstalkerGPX , so I'm understanding " Lerderderg " is off limits even with detectors ? Rolling Eyes

Cheers
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:53 pm

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1process_details.cfm?activity=35

Here is a link above, the link below is for Lerderderg, it has some good info although it does not state that you cann't detect or fossick there. So I may be wrong but do some research on the area to see what you find. I will keep looking for what I read (maybe I have it printed somewhere)

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm

I wish now I had gone for a look at least when I lived closer.

Cheers

P.S. It is always possible that people can be wrong. What if, this time, I am that person? Twisted Evil

GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum