Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just startin out can you help???

+4
mulgadansa
Steve P
Jack0gold
brownrig
8 posters

Go down

just startin out  can you help??? Empty just startin out can you help???

Post  brownrig Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:44 am

hey i have jus found a huge interest in gold prospecting lately after a trip to kalgoorlie over christmas to see family,
i live in mandurah/perth which is a fare way away from and places to go prospecting i know but i would like to start up and go camping and searching for some gold in the near future..
at this stage i am a complete amature with no equipment and not much knowledge.... i would like a hand from all you experienced people out there to help me out in how to get started and start to enjoy it as much as you all do. Smile

what is the first thing i need to do to get started?
i know you need miners rites correct?? how do i get hold of it?
how much is the equipment?

i sound kinda dumb atm jus because i am knew to this all but like everyone, you have to start fresh and can only get better Smile

if you all can help then that would be much appreciated.
hope to hear from you all soon.

brownrig
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down

just startin out  can you help??? Empty Re: just startin out can you help???

Post  Jack0gold Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 am

Gday Brownrig, welcome to the world of the gold bug Smile
Best thing i can suggest is contact the guys at Prospectors Patch in Perth on 08 92508998. It would be a good way for you to started and get the info on what gear you will need.

Good luck

Cheers

Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve P Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Welcome to the hobby brownrig from a fellow West Aussie have a look at this site it has everything http://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/
Cheers
steve

Steve P
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:43 pm

hi brown rig, a couple of good contacts as mentioned above to get you going in the right direction . Its a great hobby & there is alot of knowledge on this forum that can assist you- BUT beware once you start it is hard to stop ( haha ).
Welcome to the forum.
cheers gully hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  mulgadansa Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Gday Brownrig
Good luck with the prospecting. I love it and it's a fantastic hobby.
Have a look on the links section of the home page of this forum. Nightjar has a site there that has a heap of info for WA prospectors.
There's also a WA detecting site at http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/forum that's great for us over here.
I noticed someone recommended Prospectors Patch in an earlier post. While I've had very little to do with them I have had a lot of dealings with Reeds Prospecting and found them great. The business has changed hands recently but give them a shot.
Just keep asking questions if you have them and do a truckload of research.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

just startin out  can you help??? Empty brownrig

Post  strijk Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 pm

G'day mate,
Just go for it! The joy just being in the bush is reward enough!
The silence and piece is enough
You will never finish learning, using a metal detector is a real challenge and exciting, even if you only find trash, each time you dig could be the Nugget.
ENJOY!
Goldstrijk

strijk
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:04 am

strijk wrote:G'day mate,
Just go for it! The joy just being in the bush is reward enough!
The silence and piece is enough
You will never finish learning, using a metal detector is a real challenge and exciting, even if you only find trash, each time you dig could be the Nugget.
ENJOY!
Goldstrijk
I'm with you goldstrijk, being in the bush in the red dirt country is almost enough by itself. having a detector is really just a bonus. wish i was out there now!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:07 am

welcome to the forum brownie, there is a world of knowledge here and i've been helped heaps as a fellow newbie. hope you find the gear, the ground and the nuggets. Look up sometimes and enjoy whats around you as well, its a beautiful country we have!

Back to top Go down

Post  Nature_Pete Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:09 am

gully hunter wrote: Its a great hobby & there is alot of knowledge on this forum that can assist you- BUT beware once you start it is hard to stop ( haha ).
cheers gully hunter

I agree Gully Hunter, maybe all equipment should come standard with labels stating

"WARNING - EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE"

lol! lol! lol!

Welcome to the forum and the hobby Brownie,

Nature Pete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Milosam Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:40 pm

Gday Brownrig and all. I too am a newby to the forum but not new to prospecting. I started in the mid 70s.
The first thing anyone wishing to prospect with a detector in WA is to get a Miners Right...These are compulsory. You can be charged with stealing gold or trespassing without one. When you get your miners right the registrar will give you a small green book outlining your rights and those of the mining companies and the pastoralists.
That is rule ONE.
Rule Two is use your common sense and buy a GPS I find the best one for the bush is a Garmin Etrek
Dont be afraid to ask mining companies if you can detect on their leases. They are generally very good and some of them will give you a map where you may go.

Please dont pick up the big one that is waiting for me up there!!!!
Cheers
Milosam

Milosam

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Mal Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi brownrig
I am also from WA and do a little prospecting ' not as much as I would like' however if you would like some info I would be willing to help or if you get some equipment maybe we could meet and arrange a trip or what ever.
My preference would be to go to Reeds prospecting they are very helpfull and prices are vey good.
If you want to go further just give me an email and we will see how we go from there.

Cheers Bigmal.

Mal

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum