Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tours to Leonora

5 posters

Go down

Tours to Leonora Empty Tours to Leonora

Post  Rompingdog Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:46 am

Howdy all
Just found this forum, completely by accident I must mention and spotted a thread on the Gold Prospecting people Mark and Rhonda, but have lost the bugger again!
I am off on a tour with them next year to Leonora and was wondering if the area was still producing or is it a bit washed out now?
Seems an awful long way to go to come home disappointed. Mind you if I pick up gold into double figure grammes I will consider it worth it.
I have been prospecting, well sniping, in the Scottish and Welsh mountains for about five years now and have some nice little specimens to show for it.
I also have been metal detcting for about 20 years, with nearly bugger all to show for it Laughing and have just sold the Tesoro Lobo Supertraq and acquired a GPX 4500. Which I believe is probably the main man for gold hunting in Oz.
Anyone have any updates on the Leonora area and is it a decent place to go and not necessarily for Gold. I'm off on the 13th June for a couple of weeks and then off to Ballarat to visit some cousins after that.
Cheers all
Dave
PS I belong to this forum. www.scottishgoldprospectors.co.uk . Pop along if you like cheers drunken
Rompingdog
Rompingdog
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Tours to Leonora Empty Re: Tours to Leonora

Post  Alf Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 am

Just about every gold field in Australia has been hit hard, for those more diligent with the latest detectors will and are still finding some very nice gold. Virtually every nugget found is still within the top 2 feet so it's still there waiting for you. Leonora is still a great location to go and find a bit, sometime thinking outside the square and sometimes thinking inside the square are worth applying. I have a tendency to go where I am drawn. Some days I will walk the left side of a tree only wondering was that nugget on the right side. The nest day I will walk the right side of the tree wondering about the left.

So at the end of the day, when I sit down with a cold drink, I am happy if I know I put in the effort. Gold or not, It's better than being inside 4 walls.

Alf
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Tours to Leonora Empty tours

Post  fredmason Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 am

I think you will find Mark's and Rhonda's service to be top cabin...but, no one can promise you will find X amount of gold...however, learning to use your machine, being willing to learn from Mark who is always available to his clients and putting in the time should deliver some goodies...My advice is dig every repeatable signal untill you have the target in your hand. And NEVER walk away from a target because you think it is too loud...

Enjoy the place, there is nowhere else quite like Western Oz

fred

fredmason
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Hello Dave,

I was on one of the GPA Leonora tours last year. During the tour I found 50.8gm of gold, including one piece of 22gm. Mark is a professional and runs great tours.

I am doing a Leonora tour again this year.

Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Rompingdog Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:33 am

Thank you all I'm sure I'll find summat eh? drunken
Rompingdog
Rompingdog
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:28 am

Morning Dave,
Be sure to pick your times for visiting Leonora it is very inhospitable this time of the year, most suitable months are April through to October.
Don't leave home if you think you will make your fortune, there's gold there however there is a lot of wide open space in between. eg: Have been prospecting around Leonora for over 15 years and one trip I went 12 days without walking over a nugget. My detector is a GPX-4500 very suitable for this ground.
Here are some links;

http://www.leonora.wa.gov.au/

http://www.exploroz.com/Places/61234/WA/Leonora.aspx

Type Leonora Western Australia into Google for more.

Good luck
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down