Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubai Or Bust!!

2 posters

Go down

Dubai Or Bust!! Empty Dubai Or Bust!!

Post  adrian ss Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:52 pm

Looks like the Missus 14 day trip through Europe via Dubai will be placed on hold Dubai DXB is still a huge mess with thousands of people stranded and at least one Aussie grandmother is missing over there.
Dubai might be a you beaut modern city in the desert but without storm water drains it is not much more than a disaster zone waiting to trap the unsuspecting traveller.
I really do not see why anybody would want to go there?? Hell even the fly in fly out corridors have had to be widened due to the increased threat of war and terrorist attacks.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4367
Registration date : 2015-07-03

hiluxer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dubai Or Bust!! Empty Re: Dubai Or Bust!!

Post  Kon61gold Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:09 pm

Lucky the missus did miss out on that 14 day European trip through Dubai Adrian, for she would have needed a kayak in order to traverse through the Dubai City streets for shopping. Shocked Q35

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4516
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

adrian ss likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:05 pm

Yeah it is a right proper mess.
Some of those AC looked like they were landing in about a foot of water over the runways. You can imagine the amount of sand and slush getting sucked into the engines. Be interesting to see if any of those outbound flights start having engine failures. pale

I keep telling the missus not to go (trip is still on) but her and the girls are determined to go. The terrorist threat has been raised and those dicks are likely to blow up their  tourist hotel or sink their boat.

In one breath we are told by travel agency that Dubai is safe and in the next breath they tell us to be  vigilant at all times. Rolling Eyes

I am pretty sure that I would rather visit Coober Pedy or the Black Stump for a year than to spend anytime at all in Dubai
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:05 pm

Well the Mrs's is currently about half way between Singapore and Dubai and as happy as a P.I.S.
Everything seems to be back to normal in Dubai although I am not too sure what normal is over there.

As of 2023, the population of Dubai stood  at 3,630,786, with a population density of 762.6 individuals per square kilometre. Estimates put the overall "Expatriate" population of Dubai at around 75%, which is roughly 2.72 million people.........So Dubai is populated by blow ins? Smile

Petrol is 70 cents per ltr and there is no personal income tax on wages...23 May 2023 · Dubai has a good average salary range, extending from a monthly salary of 4,810 AED (1,310 USD) to 99,000 AED (26,956 USD) per month..
Blimey think I will move to Dubai. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum