Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi All. Greetings and going to Dunolly.

2 posters

Go down

Hi All. Greetings and going to Dunolly. Empty Hi All. Greetings and going to Dunolly.

Post  PercyGraingerII Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:50 pm

Stumbled across this excellent forum the other day and have joined up now to meet and greet and to draw on your wisdom and experience. I'm from SA and I go out there locally in and near Adelaide with my prospecting mate Mark trying to find a bit of gold and old coins etc etc. He's the detectorist and my interest is panning and looking for gemstones. We're spreading our wings and heading over to Dunolly in Victoria next week so hopefully we'll have a small find or two. Doesn't matter tooo much if we don't because just getting out there in the great outdoors makes it all worthwhile (that's what I say now anyway Hi All. Greetings and going to Dunolly. 1f604 ). Umm....can someone please advise if there is running water anywhere near Dunolly at this time of the year so I can do some panning while Mark does what he does? Don't really want to travel long distances from Dunolly if we can help it but I guess we'll have to if it means finding somewhere suitable. Am looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Rick
PercyGraingerII
PercyGraingerII
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-08-26

Back to top Go down

Hi All. Greetings and going to Dunolly. Empty Re: Hi All. Greetings and going to Dunolly.

Post  moredeep Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:23 pm

Hi Rick & welcome to the forum.
Dunolly is a fairly dry old place: the only time I can remember seeing water is after a decent rain
and then the puddles and old diggings quickly turn to blackwater for the mozzies to have a party in.
Take a spare detector for a back up plan.
Some members that live around there may know of some hidden creeks or dams.
good luck and have fun cheers

cheers    moredeep

Last edited by moredeep on Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Hi All. Greetings and going to Dunolly. Empty Re: Hi All. Greetings and going to Dunolly.

Post  PercyGraingerII Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:23 am

Thanks for getting back to me moredeep. I'm sure we'd be very welcome at a mozzies party but I'd probably decline the invitation! jocolor With spring on the way there's likely to be snake coming out parties coming up on the social calendar too however, that would be another shindig to steer well clear of. If there's not much chance of running water near Dunolly from what I can see the nearest good place would be Slaty Creek, some 50 minutes away from Dunolly, unless anyone can recommend somewhere a bit closer?
Cheers
Rick
PercyGraingerII
PercyGraingerII
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-08-26

Back to top Go down