Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided.

+8
ranger08
troppojoe
gollstar
llanbric
artrix
MS
nero_design
12 posters

Go down

newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided. Empty newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided.

Post  newbie Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:25 pm

hi all jason here got back late last night. i came back earlier as i was very tired. i have a bad leg so struggled in the end but hows that 231 nuggets. they are all small and range from just over 2 grams and under. i started to see a pattern happening and from all the holes could see the direction the nuggets are runing. there were 6 very rich areas that ran from a hill down. i havent tried the bottom of the hill yet and know thats where bigger bits are as at the top they were getting smaller. i have still got a vast area to detect and even better, during one of my days where i drove around looking for new places found 2 more spots where i found little nuggets. i did try the 18 inch coiltek mono. but kept finding little nuggets so i reverted back to the standard 11 commander coil. i again played with the settings and know that i was going well. i met severel other guys in the area unfortunately ha ha but helped 2 of them who also had 5000s. they instantly picked nuggets up. 1 of em got a 1 ouncer down near a creek. i saw first hand that the other 2 guys with 45s got slaughtered by the 5000s getting nuggets. funnily enough 1 guy told me i was using the wrong settings on my machine. i think he was getting jealous ha ha. i found 2 bits which were quite deep at the top of the hill and both had quartz in them. im thinking there may be something significant in this hill but being a newbie prolly completey wrong. memo to minelab, i love you ha. anyway heres some pics. the picture of the gold i put here the pile on the right was my first trips effort the one on left is the 231 i just got. i got some acid of someone and they came up not too bad but some red clay just wont remove.[[/img][img]newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided. Gold_p11[/img][img]newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided. Gold_p12[/img][img]newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided. Gold_p13[/img][img]newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided. Gold_p14[/img][img]newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided. Gold_p15[/img]

Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-08-30

Back to top Go down

newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided. Empty Re: newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided.

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:03 pm

well done mate good to see. nice pictures as well. i would be going back to that spot a.s.p and just keep going.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided. Empty Re: newbie back. this is unreal i found 231 nuggets on this trip. pics provided.

Post  nero_design Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Congrats on the number of nuggets you found... but that's a LOT of freshly dug unfilled holes in those photographs.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Well done Jason
Bet you got a real buzz out there, you should do real well when you go back, just checking you did fill in your dig holes and cover your tracks and didn't leave holes open like the pics , if not someone will clean up for you and most importantly, open holes close areas to us all and load the guns for the Greenies to fire at us.
Anyway sure you did the right thing and well done.
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  newbie Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:28 pm

gday guys i def filled in the holes. i found the spot at night and got a few. i left them unfilled and continued to get more before i DID fill the holes in. you cant really see in the pics but i got a lot of nuggets sitting on the surface and all i needed to do was backblade it with the pick in a pile before using my scoop

Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Well done mate it certainly helps living in Perth

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Congrats Jason,
You've probably got the best gold to junk signal ratio of all time for your trip, goodonya.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Good stuff newbie you've just thrashed my total and many others that have been having a crack for a long time, i hope id dont sound rude but that looks like a hefty pile of nuggets i was wondering how much it tallys up to and how long you where out for. If you dont want to say i can have a bit of guess.

And on a side dont tell antone exactly where your finding the gold.

Last edited by gollstar on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  troppojoe Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Well done Newbie,
That area looks as tho it has some great potential. The ground looks reasonably deep in a few of the shots, i'd throw the bigger coil on and see if you can ping some deeper stuff, it may or may not pay off but hey its worth a try. Keep up the good work and keep those nugg's and pictures flowing.

troppojoe

troppojoe
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ranger08 Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:41 pm

someone could really twist their ankle out there? Twisted Evil
ranger08
ranger08
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Wow, newbie real nice finds!!!!!!! well done and keep going........ Very Happy .......

HueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Wow, Wow and Wow, Well done newbie. It was several ounces i'm assuming? LOL what a dream trip. Time to take any hollidays you can from work and clean the rest up before it gets too hot. That's just awesome. Y'know you might be pulling nuggets out of there for the next 10 years. Heaps of big rocks too which might be sitting on gold.

Well done..
Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi Newbie and well done, that's great to see someone getting onto some good ground and score that many gold bits. Good to see.

uncle bob

Back to top Go down

Post  newbie Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:38 pm

gday gollstar and others thanks for replies. the nuggets are fairly small but total just under seven ounces so far. theres a huge area more to detect yet and am planning to go again in a few weeks. im not working atm due to a bad leg injury that caused some serious grief at this place on the last trip. i detected on roughly 13 to 14 days and on some days could barely walk so thats why i went for drives to rest up a bit. i did have some bad weather come through that lingered for a couple days which caused the detector to consantly make a yelping noise that was unbearable and i just gave up. i did try a bigger coil but kept finding small nuggets so gave up on that. also nah i dont think anyone will twist their ankle out there. the holes were filled and my rubbish taken to a bin on the highway!!!!!! anyway it does go to show that there is plenty still there and with some luck look what you can get. i know they arent big nuggets but geez its great fun to walk in a small area and constantly hear signals. i did find that mostly the nuggets were getting smaller up the hill so i might spend some time down the bottom next trip.

Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:41 pm

way to go jason. thats it mate, you are buggered now. you will enjoy gold fever for the rest of your life now.
welcome to the club ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 pm

well done "newbie". what a great find!!, hopefully one day that'll be me saying i found some nuggets. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:01 pm

Good stuff 7 oz's for 2 weeks work with more to come is nothing to sniff at, id be doing back flips and somersaults if i could go to W.A and find all that in 2 weeks, i spoke to a Victorian who went there and found over 20 oz's in small stuff in 2 weeks, needless to say im comming over there next year hell or high water.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Delicate sound of thunder Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Ah newbie, where was that spot lol Laughing

Delicate sound of thunder
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  newbie Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:31 pm

ha ha Delicate sound of thunder, pretty close to you mate.

Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  newbie Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Delicate sound of thunder wrote:Ah newbie, where was that spot lol Laughing
ha ha Delicate sound of thunder, pretty close to you mate.
New Poster

Number of posts: 15
Registration date: 2010-08-30

Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down