Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head lights On Or Off

3 posters

Go down

Head lights On Or Off Empty Head lights On Or Off

Post  adrian ss Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:56 am

Back in the seventies some clown wanted all cars to have their headlights on continually during daylight hours. It resulted in people being fined for not having the lights on during the daylight hours...Back then it was normal for everybody to carry spare globes in the glove box for emergencies. Globes were easy to change , any twit could do it; now it takes a workshop booking and half an hour to change a bloody globe. The first time I tried to replace a head light globe on my corrolla It was obvious that the car would have to go to a workshop and when I got there the mechanic struggled to figure out how to gain access to the light.  Rolling Eyes

So if this DH rule becomes law then it will be a windfall for the gov in extra fines and the cops will be out there cashing in on it and suddenly millions of drivers across Australia will become criminals for inadvertently driving with a headlight blown...We all know that lights can and do go out at any time and randomly without the driver knowing especially during daylight hours and at night on wet roads .When Driving on wet roads through lighted city streets it is near on impossible to know whether yer lights are on or off unless you get out now and again to check them.......Sheeeesh Exclamation  Give us a break from peanut laws and regulations.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Head lights On Or Off Empty Re: Head lights On Or Off

Post  Axtyr Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:52 pm

Yep, loony tunes regulation.

Twice I have driven off in the dark in the morning only to discover 20 minutes later that my headlights weren't on, just my parking lights. Why? Because my lights come on automatically. In the garage it looks like the lights are on but on the street they are off.

All it needs is one idiot to think it's a good idea and it becomes law. The logic is, "if it saves just one life it is worth doing". Great, get rid of planes, trains and automobiles. They kill regularly.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:23 pm

I guess they could drop the speed limit to 30km/h at the same time cause it saves lives.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:41 am

The crash and motor vehicle accident death rate has dropped dramatically since the 60s.......Probably because there are not so many crashes due to bad road conditions rather than lower speed limits.
Now the INJURY rate is going up out of sight because cars crumple up like a squashed match boxes due to their so called safe shock absorbing capability brought about by the cheap and nasty manufacturing methods. Not to mention the Air bag bomb injuries that destroy drivers faces. Many more people are being trapped in their cars after a crash today compared to back in the sixties when cars were built like tanks.
    You could drop the speed limits to almost zero and people will still be killed and injured.
How do you define speeding?  If the speed limit is 200kph and you are doing 210 and have a crash you will be just as dead as if the limit was 20kph and you were killed at at 25 kph

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.TRAF.P5?locations=AE-AU-BO
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down