Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traffic Fines. You can not Win

3 posters

Go down

Traffic Fines. You can not Win Empty Traffic Fines. You can not Win

Post  adrian ss Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:24 pm

Post removed

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4369
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Traffic Fines. You can not Win Empty Re: Traffic Fines. You can not Win

Post  moredeep Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:50 pm

That sucks. You can write to them and ask for leniency, explain your PERFECT driving record Question Laughing
I've done this this on a couple of occasions and have been successful. But I cannot appeal again for another 2 years if I get another ticket.
Some states like SA have a zero ,don't give a rats bad luck mate policy.
The more sucky the letter the better and do it in your own hand writing.
Good luck.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1873
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:51 pm

I'm not sure why you removed your original post Adrian?
But just as a general rule, minor speeding charges [a couple of km/h over ] can be contested if you have a good driving record here in vic .

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:16 am

I took it down because it would achieve nothing.
Most general use motor vehicle speedometers are +/- 4 kph in accuracy if you are lucky. The speedo in my corrolla reads 4kph high according to three different gps speed readings.This is good because it means that I am always driving at least 4kph below what I believe the speed limit is.  Hell the pointer on my speedo is at least 2.5 kph wide.

Police are out on the roads hiding behind trees, and near speed limit signs or at the foot of an hilly section of road, in areas where there are road works taking place (The signs are still out even though the road works have finished) and nail cars a couple of kays over the limit while hoons and other dip shits are going 30 - 50 k over the limits in the city parkways and doing burn outs in suburban streets etc. These drivers are the genuine law breakers, not the poor innocent every day mum and dad who never go out to break the limits but who may unintentionally drift over a limit by a couple of kays who will notice the drift and correct their speed but often too late and find themselves nailed with a big fine for a tiny overspeed.

6 kph over a speed limit should not be a crime because it is an very very slow speed and is more like a quick-ish crawl or slow walking pace.
Sure these particular fines create revenue but we all know that is not the purpose of these fines don't we Hmmmmm
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:15 pm

argh; give it a go and write a letter, I'd be interested in the reply Question

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:40 am

Best revenue raiser of the lot for the Vic gov't V02

40KPH signs going up all over the place..they're just begging frustrated drivers to go over it and get booked by the unmarked SUV's with tinted windows hiding up the road. V06
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:29 pm

We have got 20kph speed  signs going up at speed humps now (Fair bloody dinkum)  and some school crossings speed limits are also down to 20kph. This will not stop the dead headed kids from standing at the crossing pretending to be chatting with each other but are actually waiting for the poor unsuspecting driver who have no idea whether the idiot kids are going to cross the road or not and at the last second these little turds  turn and run out across the crossing while giving the driver the finger and laughing when the driver has to slam the brakes on. It is not always the driver who is at fault at these crossings.  As amatter of interest i cannot recall when an accident happened at a school crossing here in Canberra plus the speed cameras appear to be  only set up when the kids are in class and the streets are devoid of all human life.
There is one 40k school crossing section of roadway not far from my house where I have never ever seen a child anywhere on this bit of roadway in over 38 years
but the speed camera van is set up on this bit of street on a very regular basis. It must be a good money earner.Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:08 pm

Very frustrating and from this article you're not alone.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/speed-camera-operators-accused-of-hiding-new-warning-signs/

ACT I'm guessing has different laws to NSW?
We here in vic don't get any warning signs about an up and coming speed radar .
I think all you can do is write to your local member or federal member expressing your concerns otherwise it tough luck buddy Sad

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:47 pm

How do you establish if the speed camera is accurate at the time of measurement?  Nobody can. What about the radar cams that are set up at an angle to the road, how do they correct for constantly changing Slant Range as the vehicle approaches the radar.
  Some fines are being issued for 2kph over the limit. Ye Gods and little fishes!!  A baby can crawl at 2kph..(approx 0.5 m/psec) .So if a baby ran into a wall at 2kph do you think it would be killed??   Now remember that babies bang into stuff all bloody day  and manage to survive quite well.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down