Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fossicking License NT.

2 posters

Go down

Fossicking License NT. Empty Fossicking License NT.

Post  harryopal Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:20 pm

I think it was about 40 years again someone in the NT government came up with a money making idea by offering Life Long fossicking licenses. As I recall, about $35 at the time so I paid up and got a nice certificate with the "life long" promise. I seem to recall that some years later the government reneged on the permits and said they were no longer valid. In the absence of citizens' revolutions I guess governments can pretty well do as they like. I am now retired living in Indonesia so am unlikely to return to the NT..... but? Anyone heard anymore about that "life long" permit?

Were I ever to return to fossick in the NT I would take my permit with me and bugger the consequences.

harryopal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Fossicking License NT. Empty Re: Fossicking License NT.

Post  AnnieL Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:14 pm

Hi Harry,
I’ve not heard of a long time fossickers license in NT.
I think the main concern up there is Foot & Mouth risk that has been on the news. There is info here (You may already know this link) - https://fossicking.nt.gov.au/. Also has forms for notifying pastoralists of your visit.

Last edited by AnnieL on Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Name)
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down