Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 more pieces.

3 posters

Go down

2 more pieces. Empty 2 more pieces.

Post  Axtyr Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:33 pm

G’day everyone.

Another beautiful day out prospecting yesterday. Moredeep and I started off in a new spot for me where the ground was deeper. I was only there for about 3 hours and didn’t find anything. I did get some faint signals inside the quartz in the reef and managed to break the spade end off my pick while chipping away at the rock. I must have weakened it over the past few years. After Moredeep left I headed back to the usual haunt and got some signals in the hard clay only to find some more pellets.

As I was detecting and making my way back closer to the car I got a very faint signal. A rather weird one as it was there as I swept the coil one way but not there on the return sweep. I could easily have walked away. Anyway, I scraped the top off the ground and it was only just a little louder. Now it was in the hard clay and I had to dig into that and it started to sound more like metal. It was only a few inches deep and eventually I had it in the scoop but it still took a while to locate it.

A nice chunky piece of gold at just over half a gram. Then I dropped it. After I found it again I was delighted to have found 2 identical pieces of gold in the same hole. What are the chances of that?

I filled in the hold and swept the coil about a metre to my right and got a distinct signal. It couldn’t be could it? The ground was softer here but it still contained a nice little piece just under a quarter of a gram.

2 more pieces. VU5KHV8
2 pieces, 0.51 gram and 0.23 gram.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

jmp333, Detectist, Oldfella, hiluxer and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

2 more pieces. Empty Re: 2 more pieces.

Post  moredeep Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:08 pm

That spare pick came in handy Very Happy well done m8.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

2 more pieces. Empty Re: 2 more pieces.

Post  Kon61gold Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:30 pm

Nice looking bits of gold. Well done Axtyr cheers

Kon T25
Kon61gold