Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Specimen and some small bits.

4 posters

Go down

Specimen and some small bits. Empty Specimen and some small bits.

Post  Axtyr Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:51 pm

G’day everyone.

Another beautiful day out there as Moredeep alluded to. A little chilly first up but with no wind it made for pleasant detecting. My first order for the day was to collect some more rock from where I got last week’s gold.

I took Bob down there and showed him why the gold had settled where it was. He detected around the area as well. After a while he asked me to watch what he was doing because he felt he was doing something wrong. I watched and told him to slow down a bit and to overlap the sweeps. He looked like he was on Aussie Gold Hunters the way he was walking and detecting.

Soon after I located 2 signals and called Bob over to check them out. He could easily hear one but not the other. He increased the gain a little bit and then he could hear both. I then sent him over to where Moredeep was as he had some signals marked for Bob to check as well. Bob checked them out and was happy with the outcome. I ran the 7000 over them and could easily pick them up. Bob moved off and I dug a couple of the signals for Moredeep for a couple of pellets before I headed off as well. Of the seven signals he found he got one small specimen.

As I walked to where I wanted to detect I passed Bob who was busy scraping for a signal. Soon after Bob was calling out that he had found some gold. His second piece. It wasn’t big but it was gold. He was elated.

I went back to my detecting and soon had a signal. I scraped the debris off the top and the signal had moved. Kicking the debris back and the signal was back and it was in a large piece of quartz. A little wash and I could see 2 spots of gold peering back at me. After scrubbing it with a toothbrush back at the car I could see another small speck.
Specimen and some small bits. N85afzo

After a break I headed back to where I got the rock and detected there for a while. As I detected my way back to the car I got a slight signal and soon had a small piece of gold. As I got to where Moredeep had been my detector was blaring signals everywhere. Bloody trash. I don’t know why but I kept detecting and soon located a faint signal and out popped another small piece of gold. A few metres further on and the junk was driving me crazy but again another small piece of gold. It looked strange though. It was curved and it looked as though I might have broken it off another piece of gold with the pick but on closer inspection it hadn’t broken off anything.

This morning I broke open the specimen and there were 5 small pieces inside it.
Specimen and some small bits. YvsXvxT

The 5 pieces inside the quartz weighed in at 0.44 gram, the others were 0.17 gram, 0.12 gram and 0.14 gram.

As for the rock I brought home, I crushed up some of it and washed 2 small pans and one large pan full.
It hasn’t been worth the effort so far. 4 tiny specks which weren’t even worthy of removing from the pan.
Very strange. The rock looks identical to that which I brought home last week but this time I didn’t even see any gold as I was crushing it up. Even breaking up the rock into smaller pieces has not exposed any gold. There is still a lot of rock so I will continue crushing in hope. The gold seemed to have settled in an area about the size of a dinner plate. It has been interesting to see the layers that have been laid down over time.

Good luck out there everyone, regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

geof_junk, Sharkbait, Oldfella, jet clean and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Specimen and some small bits. Empty Re: Specimen and some small bits.

Post  Hey presto Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:39 am

Thanks Axtyr. I love the stories of the find as much as the photos. Keep them coming.
Hey presto
Hey presto
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:15 pm

Nice looking speci & bits of gold Axtyr, well done. Only a matter of time now before the weather stats brightening up & gets more people out there in pursuit the golden ointment. cheers

Cheers Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

jet clean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:36 pm

Always nice to see gold peeking out from a specie  cheers Decent result for your efforts.

Oh for the day when we have a discriminating gold machine Q10
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

jet clean likes this post

Back to top Go down