Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese One Yuan

2 posters

Go down

Chinese One Yuan Empty Chinese One Yuan

Post  adrian ss Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:47 pm

Found a Chinese One Yuan the other day while giving my Garrett GTP 1350 a bit of a run...Older machine but works very well indeed.
The One Yuan is almost not worth producing and has pretty much zero metal value, It is largely ferrous (jumps to a magnet no probs) and if you painted a pointer on it, and hung it by a thread from the centre it would make an emergency compass maybe. Q35
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4364
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Chinese One Yuan Empty Re: Chinese One Yuan

Post  bicter Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:35 pm

Foreign coins eh!!

There's one beach I have detected on the GC where I've found low value Indian coins.
A bit of research brought up this info https://www.sanskritimagazine.com/rituals_and_practices/myth-of-throwing-coins-in-water/

The earliest detector I've owned is the Garret ATPro which found the above coins along with lots of ground noise Laughing
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Chinese One Yuan Empty Re: Chinese One Yuan

Post  adrian ss Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:10 pm

Yes I think the AT Pro was ok in fresh water . Have not had anything to do with that machine so can-nnot comment on it.
The GTP 1350 is quite good in most situations and does fine at the beach. Maybe not as deep as some of the more sensitive detectors but definitely good enough for myself, it is also very respectable on small gold chains within an inch or so of the surface of wet salt beach sand. and anybody not wanting to spend a lot of money on a tecta this machine will let you detect almost anywhere other than high iron mineralized regions.
There are plenty of favorable on line reviews about this tecta.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4364
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down