Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - New to Detecting GPZ7000 on order. Geelong based.

2 posters

Go down

New Member - New to Detecting GPZ7000 on order. Geelong based.  Empty New Member - New to Detecting GPZ7000 on order. Geelong based.

Post  mike_dean1970 Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:49 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome.

New to prospecting (detecting anyway) but want to give it a solid crack hence the high end purchase.

I work too much (have been 7 days a week for month on end) operating in-home aged care services. It's taken a toll, so equally looking just to get out and about in the bush, swing low and slow and may even find a few targets to dig.

I'm an easy going 51 yo - so say hi if we cross paths or looking for a weekend bush buddy.

Due to my seller having a COVID + result on day I agreed to buy - I am probably a few weeks off getting my detector.

Keen to get up into the GT areas of Vic for day trips, overnighters, and just to relax (by working hard at leisure) and get into the bush, kick up some dust, and maybe get onto some gold targets.

Nice to meet you all, welcome to say hi any time.

Mike

mike_dean1970

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-01-05

Back to top Go down

New Member - New to Detecting GPZ7000 on order. Geelong based.  Empty Re: New Member - New to Detecting GPZ7000 on order. Geelong based.

Post  PeterInSa Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:38 pm

Welcome Mike, Yes its a great hobby/pastime if you have a high pressure job, gets your mind off the daily stress issues, although my wife reminds me some xx years ago when work had problems with a Just in Time Computer system for a Car manufacturer our long weekend in the Vic GT, resulted in around 40 odd calls to staff and contractors to get the system up and running again. Thankfully that was a rare situation.

I own a 7000 and they are a great machine, I use a hip stick and a swing arm with the standard and NF coil but no swing arm with a 10 inch X coil.Carry a big pick on my shoulders at the back in a special holder on the 7000 harness and tend to do the digging one handed until the holes start to get deep.
I also use the WM12 Loud speaker but realise with headphones you can hear fainter signals, but don't want my Tinnitus to get and worse hence the WM12. But will look at the WM12 driving an Amp and twin speakers.

Do your research and if you are a Vic local get to know some landowners as we did in the 80's and 90's we gave them 1/2 our gold or a slab or SA Beer or Sa wine for the privilege of detecting on their property (and had a spare gold detector if they wanted to detect with us.) Since 2000 we have visited Vic only once a year so have not kept in touch with the landowners, but detected in WA and Tib.

All the Best

Peter

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down