Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best colour Gold Pan

3 posters

Go down

Best colour Gold Pan Empty Best colour Gold Pan

Post  PeterInSa Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Years ago sold 2 green Gold pans (around 38cm) for $10 at a garage sale. ( also sold my sluice/pump etc)

Now purchased a Dolly pot so am going to purchase another pan.

Available colours are Black, Green and Blue. Am leaning towards the Black as to me gold will stand out more and are a good price at $16 Free delivery. (all are the modern design)

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Best colour Gold Pan Empty Re: Best colour Gold Pan

Post  adrian ss Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:55 pm

I like green or blue. Black pans hide the black sand and so choose a pan that will show the black sand coz where there is black sand there is usually gold. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4364
Registration date : 2015-07-03

PeterInSa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cranky Emu Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:40 pm

PeterInSa wrote:Available colours are Black, Green and Blue. Am leaning towards the Black as to me gold will stand out more
I have all these variants. I find the blue one to be the easiest. I am not keen on the green at all, I will usually grab the blue before any of the others.
Cranky Emu
Cranky Emu
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2017-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:08 am

Yes blue is good.
I used one of these Grizzly pans for a while. Works well and gets the gold to the bottom of the dish very quickly. My only gripe was that it was a bit too small for my liking
Best colour Gold Pan Grizzl10

The Grizzly Pan will process 5-10 times as much gravel as a round pan of similar capacity and it requires less energy and water to operate. When the gold gets to the bottom of the Pan,. The gold concentrates can be removed through the bottom plug without wasting time washing gravel off the top. This saves a lot of time.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4364
Registration date : 2015-07-03

pablop, moredeep and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down