Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the Best Gold Prospecting Tours in Victoria For Beginners?

5 posters

Go down

What are the Best Gold Prospecting Tours in Victoria For Beginners? Empty What are the Best Gold Prospecting Tours in Victoria For Beginners?

Post  WishfulThinking Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:11 pm

G'day all!

I have had a few Years experience Beach detecting with an Xterra, but i'm an absolute ignoramis lol in regards to Gold prospecting & would very much appreciate anyone's thoughts & experiences on available tours in victoria?....Cheers!

WishfulThinking
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-08-08

AU_Toe likes this post

Back to top Go down

What are the Best Gold Prospecting Tours in Victoria For Beginners? Empty Re: What are the Best Gold Prospecting Tours in Victoria For Beginners?

Post  AU_Toe Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:50 pm

G'Day WishfulThinking ( G8 Name BTW )

I'm really interested in going on a newbie prospecting tours in VGT as well. Would prefer 3-5 day as I'm coming from BV.

I have tried a few times in the past and had no joy.

I have never been able to get members on here to agree to meet up in SA as well, a few gunners over the past 5 years ! ! !

Really interested in tagging along over the next few months ( before fire season ) and can bring along LIB packs to power eBikes, Detectors, Fridges, Compressors, LEDs, AC etc. in 12v / 24v flavours so always thought ppl. would be interested in trading info. about how to power a life detecting in the bush for how to find AU, but N N N N N N N N N O O O O O O O O they are not Sad

If you get anyone to agree, I wouldn't pay a large deposit and definitely don't pay the full amount for the tour, it is really hard to get a refund if you can't attend due to covid lockdowns.

AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-02-09

http://ozgold.itis.nu/

Back to top Go down

What are the Best Gold Prospecting Tours in Victoria For Beginners? Empty Re: What are the Best Gold Prospecting Tours in Victoria For Beginners?

Post  AU_Toe Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:23 pm

I'm happy to pay, but would prefer to go onto someone's private property, obviously with permission from land owner.

Should also mention I have been in tried to get on a 'casual' tour via the Coiltek Gold Centre in Maryborough

They told me via email, just come into the shop and we can find someone for you, nice guys but couldn't find anyone to take me out and about while I was visiting Mary. for a week.

AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:38 pm

G'day gents

Google "gold prospecting tours Victoria" & see who or what is on offer, in way of gold tuition, day or week long prospecting trips/tours etc.
AU_Toe, it might be easier asking permission from a private property owner in return for a daily fee, or agreeing to a share of your gold finds in order to see what answer you get.
Problem is, gold (being as scarce to find as it is) together with the current pandemic crisis, don't actually help with opening up doors.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:42 pm

G'Day Kon

Kon61gold wrote:it might be easier asking permission from a private property owner in return for a daily fee

I'm eager to do that, but who do I ask, I have no idea of any place in VGT to ask for permission !!!

Can't get started even after a couple of trips to Vic.

Kon61gold wrote:AU_Toe, it might be easier asking permission from a private property owner in return for a daily fee, or agreeing to a share of your gold finds in order to see what answer you get.

Now this makes me laugh !!!

Mate you are assuming ( Ass out of you and me ) that I have or will find AU.

I have been looking for more than 5 years, going on a decade ( mostly in SA ) a couple of days around Maryborough on my own and never found any ever Sad

I have found some very hard "carbon"

Luckily I spent $2.5K in '13 on bitcoins so can fund my hobbies by living off of that

I sent an email to Leanne @ Gold and Relics today asking about 5 day tours, I have been chasing them up for 2+ years now asking about tours in Oct. / Nov. & no joy going on any tours. You cannot book on their web site. I know someone opened and read the email, but still waiting for a reply.

I sent an email to Andrew Grech @ Bigpond as his web site Golden Triangle Tours is MIA, still waiting for a reply.

Who else might be interested ???
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:52 pm

G'Day WishfulThinking ( OP )

Sorry to take over your post, if I get any news I will pass it on to you.

Why don't you IM me your email address

AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Not much more I can help you out with AU_Toe. All my years detecting have been on/over crown land. Obviously before asking any private property owner for permission to prospect/detect for gold on their land, you would have done some research as to whether there is detectable gold leading to or on the property?  Shame the tour operators you have contacted, haven't got back to you with some form of reply, for I can't speak on their behalf.  Obviously the current unpredictable times we face, are playing havoc with bookings/cancelations? V19

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

AU_Toe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:26 pm

Be honest. Don't look down and out. Having the wife or kids with you helps. It is hit and miss but can be rewarding.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:13 am

G'Day WT

Here is the SIT. REP.

WishfulThinking wrote:experiences on available tours in victoria?

I had a very prompt reply from "Leanne @ Gold and Relics" asking for my details to book me in on a tour starting 25th Oct. for 5 days

I sent her a email reply yesterday and I will post a SIT. REP. when she replies.

Don't get your expectations too high !!!

.cn virus can always put us / them into lock down again by then Smile

BTW - G&Rs web site still say tours cancelled when you try and book, so don't waste your time trying to do that
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

AU_Toe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:57 am

Hi WT,
Don't know about gold tours in Vic have comes across Gold tours in WA, if going on a gold tour to get the best out of it I would have a Minelab 4500, 5000, or a 2300 not your xterra. I think finding gold in Vic for a newbie is very hit and miss, I suggest Tibooburra with a small coil on a 4500 or 5k or the out of the box 2300, you may not find a lot in weight but have enjoyment in picking up small pieces.

Tall stories and solving the political problems of the day can be told around the campfire in the caravan park, this was happening when there last year. ( Probably Not now with NSW Covid issues)

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

AU_Toe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:08 am

G'Day PISA

PeterInSa wrote:have comes across Gold tours in WA

Did you go on a tour with them ?

PeterInSa wrote:I suggest Tibooburra with a small coil on a 4500 or 5k or the out of the box 2300

My LIBs for the 2300 are all charged up and I'm ready to go !!!

Did you chat to your mate about catching up at MTC ?

I was hoping to show you another way to keep your fridges cool using LIB packs, from experience fridges go from 'Hot' to minus deg. in approx. 20 minutes ( no slower than 240V ) while we are picking up .au
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

AU_Toe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:21 am

Have not gone on any Tours, Have come across WA Tours run by a guy, from memory called "Corey" a couple of times in the bush. Have also spoken to detector'ists who have gone on his tours or planned to.

MTC?

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:26 am

You sent me this reply to my email query about going out for a swing in SA

PeterInSa wrote:MTC?

"
Thinking about Mt Crawford, but want to go with a friend who knows the area, so will follow him up, will let you know the outcome.  
"

In my reply I said I'm interested to go before fire season and the heat sets in
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down