Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 x 8 X coil finds

2 posters

Go down

12 x 8 X coil finds Empty 12 x 8 X coil finds

Post  kiwijw Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi guys, I hadn’t been out for a month or so with a couple of Shite weather weekends & then went up north over another couple of weekends to visit friends & family.

I was using a 12 x 8 inch X coil, a bit of a rare beast, on the GPZ 7000. Finally managed to get the 15" Concentric coil off the Zed & give this smaller coil a spin. Detecting an area I have done time & time again over the years with all my detectors & coil combos until things dried up. I hadn’t used this coil there & I was blown away to find anything at all, let alone 8 pieces. I didn’t take my phone with me so sorry no pics from out in the field. They were all down in the schist bedrock. Biggest was .45 of a gram & the 4 bottom small ones were between .05 & .08 of a gram. That is gold monster type gold.

12 x 8 X coil finds 20210613

12 x 8 X coil finds 20210614

12 x 8 X coil finds 20210616

Cheers

Good luck out there

JW Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

geof_junk, moredeep, Dunks50 and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

12 x 8 X coil finds Empty Re: 12 x 8 X coil finds

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:19 pm

Top going, well done to you JW. cheers
Hence my point on deciding on whether to buy or not to buy a GPX 6000. Less you're after any detector weight gain advantages, with what you already have within your arsenal of coils for the GPZ 7000, you just might find very little, if any gains at all, by using a GPX 6000.
Thanking you for the pictures & right up.

Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

kiwijw, moredeep and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

12 x 8 X coil finds Empty Re: 12 x 8 X coil finds

Post  kiwijw Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:00 am

Thank you Kon, Yes I am VERY undecided about the GPX 6000 due to what I have & how well the X coils are doing for me on small deep gold. It is all very well for me to see how well the 6000 seems to be doing in Aussie & over in the USA now that they have a few of them. Bill Southern from Nugget Shooter Journals on you tube, really seems to have upped his small gold take as have a few others sharing their finds with the 6000. Finds they are showing now that they weren't getting with their previous detectors, & I guess they were going over old haunts that had coughed up something to them in the past. Our insanely mild ground here in NZ is the feather in my cap & while I know of the hassles you guys & others have with your higher mineralised ground, performance here is different due to our quiet ground & the high end settings I can use.
I have yet to see or hear from any one here in NZ who has a 6000 & how they are doing with it & what they think. I do know there are a few about but they are not saying anything. Rolling Eyes I have put the word out but they are staying tight lipped. It is not like I am asking where they are detecting but just their thoughts on the 6000.

Best of luck out there

JW  Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

moredeep and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down