Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold

4 posters

Go down

Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold Empty Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold

Post  GemQ Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:23 am

All,

Very happy to be out in a very wet GT (lockdown just sucks on every level). Good spot that delivered a nice run.

GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

geof_junk, kiwijw, AnnieL, hugh62, bfloyd4445, moredeep, soldier of fortune and like this post

Back to top Go down

Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold Empty Re: Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold

Post  Kon61gold Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:59 pm

Nice little run of gold indeed. Top going, well done GemQ cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

GemQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold Empty Re: Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold

Post  kiwijw Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Nice little finds GemQ. Always fun to be digging up gold no matter how small.

I went out a few days ago to a close local spot to me here in Queenstown NZ. I hadn't been out for a month due to a couple of crap weather weekends & then going up north over another couple of weekends visiting friends & family. Yes I do have a couple of friends believe it or not. Smile

Was on ground I had done well on over time with my PI detectors & coil combinations & even managed a few more with the Zed & ML 14" coil. Day came when the Zed & ML 14" coil dried up on the gold take. The 15x10 X coil snagged a few more for me as did the 15" Concentric X coil. Then I was back to getting nothing more. A few days ago I thought I would give the 12x8 X coil a run just for 5hits & giggles. Well bugger me....I got eight little bits of the good stuff. I didn't take my phone with me so sorry but no pics from out in the field.

The four bottom ones were all between .05 of a gram & .08. The biggest was .45. The one to the right was .3 at a crazy depth. With out a photo to back it up I wont even take a guess at the depth. You will find it hard to believe.

Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold 20210610

Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold 20210611

Very similar to what you got.

Minelab GPX 6000 - Rosey Quartz Reef Gold 20210612

With results like these with the Zed & X coils I am very undecided about getting a 6000. They are 9kNZ$ here. Take a lot of small gold to get a return on that. Not that it is all about the money to me but just the enjoyment I get from being out there.

Best of luck out there

JW   Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

geof_junk, GemQ, moredeep and soldier of fortune like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:13 pm

Well done JW looks like a great setup.8 for 1.3g is a tidy sum.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

kiwijw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Top going, well done JW. Let me add some food for thought here, in the hope of weighing it all up so to speak. With what you (as well as some others on here including myself) have in their possession or current arsenal of X-Coils (suited for use on the GPZ 7000), leads me to believe that it is not so much in updating to the new GPX 6000 that will make a big difference, satisfying us in way of more gold finds, as much as going over old or new ground, that we haven't properly covered or gone over yet.
If we didn't have the option of a variety of X-Coils in our possession, covering just about every/all prospecting for gold environment need, but stuck with the GPZ 7000 using only the standard 14X13 or 19 inch GPZ coil, would certainly make the decision of justifying the purchase of a new GPX 6000, a whole lot easier.
Minelabs future path is quite clear, in that it has chosen to produce/sell a variety of different type/size detectors, (for different type/size gold) forming a part of ones arsenal, than compliment each new release detector, with a much more broader, cheaper/affordable alternative, in way of coil size/type, towards enhancing gold finds.
Mind you these are only my views on such matters, not gospel & every other member on here, deserves the right to believe or think different.

Cheers Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

geof_junk, kiwijw and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:20 pm

That last sentence is a profound statement for you Kon, some of us improve with age. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:18 pm

My apologies GemQ. I've hijacked your thread by straying off the main topic. This thread is first & foremost about the GPX 6000 & its capabilities at finding gold in amongst the most thrashed of places not waffle. Laughing
Yes butch, some people do improve with age, whilst others only get grumpier. shock: Q35

Cheers gents  Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

GemQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:12 am

Straying off topic was entirely my fault.  V04  Sorry GemQ. I so want to try a 6000 but I am held back from forking out 9k NZ$ based on what I have & the selection of coils I have for it. As Kon61 touched on.

I have made contact with a guy here in NZ that has & is using a 6000. Early days in our discussion's but I am not getting a good feeling about the 6000 from what he has touched on. He may plan a trip down to go detecting with me. That will be a telling factor & I couldnt ask for better. A side by side comparison. T06

Best of luck to you out there

JW  Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

jmp333 and GemQ like this post

Back to top Go down