Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROE Shovel

5 posters

Go down

ROE Shovel Empty ROE Shovel

Post  OldFart2 Fri May 21, 2021 12:09 pm

As I'm new to detecting I have bought my detectors first and at the moment learning the difference between rubbish and a find. Have done tools on the cheap and a week or so ago broke the handle on my Bunnings spade. Bit the bullet and bought an Aussie made prospecting shovel from ROE in Sydney. Even with postage(super fast) it was cheaper than some of the better known name ones. It is a beast, so here is a photo of it.ROE Shovel Img_0110ROE Shovel Img_0111
ROE Shovel Img_0111

OldFart2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-02-16

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

ROE Shovel Empty Re: ROE Shovel

Post  geof_junk Fri May 21, 2021 4:01 pm

It is similar to one I got 30 years age. It never failed, however I found it unsuitable for gold prospecting in the ground I do, as pick is better and found that the steel shovel had to be placed up high to avoid picking it up with top of the line ML gold detectors.
For coin detecting it can't be beaten and keeps the size of the plug small with good pinpointing with the coil.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

moredeep and OldFart2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri May 21, 2021 5:41 pm

Q33
it looks great for grass and sand but sadly you'll spend a month of Sundays digging out a target that's in hard pipe clay.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Terry Soloman Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:41 am

geof_junk wrote:It is similar to one I got 30 years age. It never failed, however I found it unsuitable for gold prospecting in the ground I do, as pick is better and found that the steel shovel had to be placed up high to avoid picking it up with top of the line ML gold detectors.
For coin detecting it can't be beaten and keeps the size of the plug small with good pinpointing with the coil.

Looks like a cheap knockoff of a Grave Digger Tools "Tombstone" shovel GraveDiggerTools.com
Terry Soloman
Terry Soloman

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-25

http://www.TerrySoloman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pikepoke Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:04 am

maybe you all can hit him with your recommendations…

pikepoke

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-04-09

Back to top Go down