Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some more tiny ones.

3 posters

Go down

Some more tiny ones. Empty Some more tiny ones.

Post  Axtyr Sat May 08, 2021 8:57 pm

G'day everyone.

We went out on Thursday and what a beautiful day it was, I was even sweating a little.

It didn't take long before I found my first piece and then the second piece about a metre away from that one.

Some more tiny ones. LdcqUaI
The first one on the left weighed in at a whopping 0.06 gam and the other one 0.09 gram.

The day ended on a bad note when I dropped my pick as I was getting it out and it landed on top of the detector. I thought I had broken the lower shaft but it is in fact the middle shaft that is broken. It was still usable but it is a bit difficult collapsing the detector.
Some more tiny ones. FdYf6WG
Had it been the lower section I could have picked up one of those for about $30.00, but there isn't a third party option available for the middle section so if it does snap off entirely it will be $120.00 to replace, unless someone knows of a third party option.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

AnnieL and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Some more tiny ones. Empty Re: Some more tiny ones.

Post  moredeep Sat May 08, 2021 9:08 pm

go the wooden sleeve like you suggested Axtyr, a broom stick looks close to the size,do a little lathe work and a touch of epoxy
should do the trick, bush mechanics cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

joe82 and bfloyd4445 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 08, 2021 10:22 pm

G’day Axtyr,

Nice little nuggies congrats.  

If I remember correctly Tributer wrote somewhere on the forum that he got some material which was the same size and made a longer shaft for his 7000. This was going back a few years, do a search in the forum.   Hope this helps

PS I did a search and found the thread where Tributer wrote, hope this link works.  

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t23404-has-anyone-lengthened-added-sleeve-to-their-7000-shaft#232066

Cheers.  

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun May 09, 2021 10:35 am

Thanks for that Mike. I have found the company.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Some more tiny ones. Empty Some More Tiny Ones

Post  bladesmith Thu May 20, 2021 5:22 pm

Well done mate. I've booked a Qantas flight over on the 7th November. With a bit of luck and a fair wind I'll join you to find some more little uns. Cheers.
bladesmith
bladesmith
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-02-08

Back to top Go down