Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

minelab 6000 detector

+17
moredeep
llanbric
mbasko
adrian ss
norvic
kiwijw
G.B.
bowenboi
geof_junk
GemQ
AraratGold
hiluxer
tirp56
Mechanic
gef50
pablop
shandeemax
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

minelab 6000 detector - Page 2 Empty Re: minelab 6000 detector

Post  Reg Wilson Sun May 09, 2021 6:07 pm

mbasko, grow up.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Sun May 09, 2021 9:51 pm

AraratGold wrote:So GemQ,
It appears that you owe Bowenboi an apology. He was speaking the truth.
Rick
Happy to apologise, my understanding is there wasn’t an issue and posts were put up on forums then that person quickly logged off which a lot of people found very strange.
It wasn’t my best moment.
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

AraratGold, Reg Wilson, joe82, mbasko and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Mon May 10, 2021 8:43 am

Reg Wilson wrote:mbasko, grow up.
Ok fine Reg.
Ya grumpy old bugger. Can't even have a bit of fun no more tongue

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

gef50 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am

butch wrote:I agree Adrian, it would depend on the intensity of the blanking signal.
i would still expect to get all the bells and whistles for $8000.

Still waiting to find out if it has a discriminator?
No discrimination same as SDC & GPZ.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2021 10:33 am

Thanks for that mbasko..
No doubt a very good detector but hardly a GPX???

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 am

Thanks for remaining civil gentlemen, much appreciated Smile

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1873
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2021 11:02 am

WHO R YOU??? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Mon May 10, 2021 11:07 am

While I look forward to giving a 6000 a try, I don't believe it should have received a GPX designation. Maybe GPY. The coil situation is such that all Minelab PIs from SD to the GPX5000 have been able to use the same coils, so that stepping up from one model to a later one meant that your coil collection did not have to be renewed. The latest GPX6000 has changed all that, so that now when purchasing a 6000 the large range of previous PI coils are of no use. Until the after market coil manufacturers catch up we are limited to the two introductory coils with another to come. This begs another question. Is there a chip incorporated in the 6000, and if so where is it located? Is it in the coil itself, the lead, or in the electronics box?
This could actually signal the death of after market coils if agreements with Minelab cannot be reached. First it was the SDC and now the latest GPX.
The Russians found a way to get around the chip situation, but I doubt Minelab will allow that to happen again.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

kiwijw and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2021 11:17 am

It's time for a revolt Reg.
Maybe a Garret will be my next purchase.. I'll have a look see if they take an afermarket coil. confused

Back to top Go down

minelab 6000 detector - Page 2 Empty GPX6000

Post  Reg Wilson Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 am

butch, I don't think that there is any dispute that Minelab build the best detectors. They went from a garage in Adelaide to the world leader in less than forty years. Pretty impressive, I just worry a bit that here in the country where they began that we are now a bit neglected.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Rockwall and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2021 12:04 pm

I agree with all that Reg.
I do resent being played, grey nomads like us are being squeezed out ($8000 on the pension) aftermarket coils being the example.
However i still have my GP still picking up. sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon May 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Maybe while responding to the decaying gold eddy currents the PI could also respond to the Rate Of Decay.
The rate of decay is different (slower) for precious metals than for ferrous items so if you could detect the different Rates Of Decay a type of discrimination could be devised for PIs.
Detecting the residual eddy currents from gold and iron is fine but iron eddy currents are strong can linger longer and overlap into the gold region.
Picking out specific rates of decay may help to reduce the iron effects.?? scratch
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4369
Registration date : 2015-07-03

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2021 5:18 pm

My blanking discriminator on the GP saves me hours of detecting time in trashy areas Adrian.
Love diggin those real targets even if it's not a nugget., besides i'm too old to dig a meter down more than 3 times a day. If it blanks out with 18 inches to go so be it. Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue May 11, 2021 8:17 am

I have always been a dig all signals tectist, especially when gold hunting. Iron Discrimination cannot be trusted...Not 40 years ago and  not today and even though the iron disc on the Infinium is very reliable when you get it figured out, I still dig all target signals that it produces.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4369
Registration date : 2015-07-03

geof_junk, kiwijw, gold bug sniper, Reg Wilson, mbasko and fwdoz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Tue May 11, 2021 11:23 am

butch wrote:Thanks for that  mbasko..
No doubt a very good detector but hardly a GPX???
No worries.
Yeah probably design wise it's more like a GPZ lite but as it's still using MPS Pulse Induction (not ZVT) then I guess Minelab chose to keep the GPX series going.
Personally losing discrimination isn't a problem for me as the only time I'd ever used it was to try it out once or twice. Never really used it or DD coils much at all on the GPX series with the smooth timings available.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue May 11, 2021 2:06 pm

So fellas, can any GPX 6000 user on here, tell me what differences there are in depth, say between 0.1gm to a 1 gram bit of gold, as compared to a GPX 5000, using the same in size 11 inch round mono?  
Regardless of it being an air test, If anyone on here has, or gets the opportunity to compare the 2 detectors over the same bits of gold, is what I'd like to hear.
It would also be interesting to hear from anyone who has both the GPX 6000 & GPZ 7000, doing a comparison test over gold, with the standard supplied 14 inch DD coils each detector comes out with, in order to get a much more better understanding of what each detector can or cannot do.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Greg T likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Tue May 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Kon61gold wrote:So fellas, can any GPX 6000 user on here, tell me what differences there are in depth, say between 0.1gm to a 1 gram bit of gold, as compared to a GPX 5000, using the same in size 11 inch round mono?  
Regardless of it being an air test, If anyone on here has, or gets the opportunity to compare the 2 detectors over the same bits of gold, is what I'd like to hear.
It would also be interesting to hear from anyone who has both the GPX 6000 & GPZ 7000, doing a comparison test over gold, with the standard supplied 14 inch DD coils each detector comes out with, in order to get a much more better understanding of what each detector can or cannot do.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon I can't tell you any air test or test bed comparison results between detectors & to be frank to me personally they are a waste of my detecting time. Not my cup of tea.
What I can tell you from what I've seen with the GPX6000 in a very quick time is that I'm finding gold on areas where with the SDC/GPX/GPZ it was becoming very difficult, (but not impossible), to get a bit. That in situ gold is the real test IMO.
In one spot we'd previously failed to get anything at all in a couple of day trips with both the SDC or GPX4500 at all. We went out there as it was close to town & a nice quiet/private area to run my mate through the GPX6000. Long story shortened is I scored 4 bits & he got a nice conglomerate specimen down deep with at least a couple of grams in it in only a few hours. We'll be paying that area some more attention now!
Whatever it is with the GPX6000 (Geosense?) it's definitely turning up gold on old patches or finding us new patches out of places where we'd previously come up empty.
At this stage I'm prepared to say the GPX6000 can match or better the SDC/GPZ on small gold sizes going off my experiences to date on known areas. IMO it betters previous GPX models on bread & butter gold. Not to mention the massive improvement in ergonomics. To me it blows old GPX models & the SDC out of the water on the bread & butter bits Q41
Minelab v Minelab once again!
The depth I'm finding subgram gold & clarity of signal on it with the GPX6000 is ridiculous for want of better wording. Downside is it also loves ridiculously small bird shot at depth too.
Whether it can match either a GPX4500/5000 or GPZ on bigger/deeper gold remains to be seen? At the moment, due to lack of a large coil as yet, I'd say the GPX4500/5000 still holds an advantage there just with coil choice alone. The GPZ would also have an advantage as gold gets bigger/deeper. That should be a no brainer really.
I don't think the GPX6000 overall will suit everyone? (In fact I'm hoping people don't rush out to get one).
Ergonomically it probably would but operationally? Not sure everyone will appreciate the bird shot or sub grammers?

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

bushbasher90, Hermann, Greg T, GemQ, norvic and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Tue May 11, 2021 4:55 pm

Kon,
Based on a few tests I’ve done at targets at depth the 6000 (mono coil) just shades the Zed in Hi yield but the Zed is slightly better in general.
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue May 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Gents, I as well as many other members on here no doubt will much appreciate your honest feedback, by use of the new GPX 6000 as compared to the GPX 5000, SDC 2300 or GPZ 7000, over in-ground gold finds, in areas thrashed with just about everything before it.
mbasko, thank you for your detailed report/experiences using the GPX 6000 & to be honest with you, bird shot has been a 10 to 1 ratio with me using the GPZ 7000 coupled to the smaller 10 inch X-Coil. I think its going to be the norm & something we can't avoid in the near future considering coils & detectors are being made to be more sensitive over in ground targets than ever before, whilst handling the ground conditions at the same time.
Much appreciate your feedback GemQ. It is the likes of such questions/answers that most here are interested in hearing.

Cheers gents, Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

geof_junk, GemQ and mbasko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Tue May 11, 2021 10:18 pm

At the moment it looks like the machine to do quick scan over new ground to find a patch and then do an extreme gridding of the spot with other ML detectors. Is this what you are finding guys.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 am

geof_junk wrote:At the moment it looks like the machine to do quick scan over new ground to find a patch and then do an extreme gridding of the spot with other ML detectors. Is this what you are finding guys.

My experience with the 6000, it is the machine to use depending on coil size/gold size in the country I detect eg. if the country/gold size your detecting requires a 11" or there abouts size coil say 10 to 12 I`ll use the 6000, until the 17" coil comes for the 6000 I`ll go the Z with X coil 17" concentric for deeper/bigger gold at this early stage in my use of the 6000. If the 17" 6000 (or for that matter 6000/11/14 combo) coil proves to better the z/x17 combo then naturally I`ll go 6000. A note my country is mainly heavy grassed rugged country with lots of narrow gullies/creeks so naturally the smaller coils are the go except after the bush fires, thus my favorite coil for the Z was the X15x10 for this reason but it has been now replaced by the 6000/11 combo simply because the 6000/11 has more depth on my experience so far on small gold which I`ve found is the most productive size gold to search for in my country.

Thus Geof I answer no to your question, but these naturally are my findings not anyone else`s just mine and really anyone who believes their findings are the only real deal are kidding themselves. As with any detector the 6000 is not going to pay for itself in gold, if the user couldn`t do so with the Z, 5000 or any machine before.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

gef50, geof_junk, kiwijw and GemQ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Wed May 12, 2021 7:17 am

Perhaps of interest, although not being into anything but field testing on undug targets, I had an interested fellow prospector visit early this morn, and to impress him with the 6000 I turned on and run a scrap of gold over the coil, the signal was piss poor and had to actually have the scrap right on the coil. Food for thought, was that Geosense at work???? and even more then before shows that air tests are not to be taken too seriously. Could one of you other 6000 users confirm this finding please?

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Wed May 12, 2021 6:33 pm

norvic wrote:Perhaps of interest, although not being into anything but field testing on undug targets, I had an interested fellow prospector visit early this morn, and to impress him with the 6000 I turned on and run a scrap of gold over the coil, the signal was piss poor and had to actually have the scrap right on the coil. Food for thought, was that Geosense at work???? and even more then before shows that air tests are not to be taken too seriously. Could one of you other 6000 users confirm this finding please?
The only bits we've tried in air (over the coil) were done at the end of the day while packing up & were still good, strong signals.
Maybe it was due to a "cold" start?
I won't get out again until Friday so if I think about it on start up I'll give it a go with one of the tiddlers I got today & let you know.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

norvic likes this post

Back to top Go down

minelab 6000 detector - Page 2 Empty 6000

Post  bowenboi Wed May 12, 2021 7:21 pm

minelab 6000 detector - Page 2 20210510
minelab 6000 detector - Page 2 20210511
minelab 6000 detector - Page 2 20210512
Thank you to all that believed in what i had to say.
I have sold the 6k and bought a 7k and still run my modded 5k.
Here are a few pics of some specimens with the 7k and  X coil.
That is why i don't post on here any more .
You get shot down with everything that is posted.
Remember the 4500 had to be sent back , the first 1800 machines were faulty.

bowenboi
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-03-07

geof_junk and mbasko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Wed May 12, 2021 7:42 pm

bowenboi wrote:Here are a few pics of some specimens with the 7k and  X coil.
You get shot down with everything that is posted.
Probably just a typo but you might get "shot down" again?
The GPZ in the pictures has a Nugget Finder Z Search coil on it not a X Coil?

Have much trouble selling the GPX6000 after telling potential buyers it's likely faulty & needing a recall? What a Face

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

bowenboi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed May 12, 2021 10:30 pm

Bowenboi don't take things so serious or to heart & I can tell you, what one might have experienced in the past through this forum, exists no more, nor will it be allowed to continue in a disrespectful manner. Do not be threatened by posting up a topic, but like I say to all members on here, do think twice before putting up a post on a world wide forum, open to scrutinization.(its not that you are wrong in what you said, but in the way you phrased/said it)
Other GPX 6000 users on here are only giving their opinion on what they have experienced completely different to you & this is why they were quick in response to your post, by ruffling some feathers, but am happy to say things took a turn for the better, before requiring management to step in.
This forum has gone through hell & back over the years but still remains standing & will continue to remain standing. Many a change has taken place over the years & any shooting down to be done will be at the discretion of management, (not for the purpose of scoring another notch on our holster, but more importantly to have things set straight & back on track). We all on here are grown up mature adults, not some juvenile delinquents in lie of our next prank, so we should all try to act/behave as such.
Respect for one another, is all that this forum/management asks for from members, in order to have this forum run in a credible, orderly, respectable manner. Nothing more, nothing less, is expected from anyone. Anyone that comes on here with the soul purpose/intent of creating anarchy/chaos between members, best not to have registered on here at all.
BTW, much appreciate you posting up your finds. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

kiwijw, Firefly, mbasko and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Wed May 12, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi all. Hope everyone is happy and well.

Quick question for those that have used both the Zed and the 6000.

Can you recommend the 6000 for someone who finds the Zed too heavy to swing for long hrs.

I am happy with my Zed but my wife finds it way too heavy.

Also do you believe running the Zed and the 6000 over the same ground brings a lot more benifits.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Wed May 12, 2021 11:11 pm

Just opinion here as I haven't owned a GPZ for some time now & haven't run them together as a yet but I believe that being able to have one of each would be of benefit + complimentary.
Someone who finds the GPZ too heavy to swing for long hours could find themselves swinging a GPX6000 all day without issue. IMO it would be a perfect husband/wife combo if within reach financially (having 2 x Zeds I'm assuming it would be).
If you can get your hands on one try it out. The ergonomics of the GPX6000 is outstanding IMO.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

GemQ, norvic and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Thu May 13, 2021 3:49 am

Hi GB,
As per mbasko the 6000s worth a swing, I have both the Z with a range of X coils and a 6000. Currently I am having a ball with the 6000 over ground I`d flogged with the Z/X combos. The 6000 is picking up many scraps at depth the Z/X missed. I`ll probably go back to the Z/X with 17" concentric for depth but that will depend on how the 17" Mono I`ve ordered goes on the 6000. ML have not brought out a new gold machine in their history that doesn`t better their previous model, they`ve done it again, IMO the Z is no longer King.

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

GemQ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Thu May 13, 2021 6:55 am

I’d like to see multi Oz chunks at depth before I’d be making that call mate

joe82
Contributor Plus