Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The climate has always changed. What do you conclude?

+5
planetcare
gef50
Swedes63
mond
Minermike
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The climate has always changed. What do you conclude? Empty The climate has always changed. What do you conclude?

Post  planetcare Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:53 am

The climate has always changed. What do you conclude?
“Whoever tells you that the fact that “the climate has always changed” is somehow reassuring, does not know what he is talking about – or he is trying to con you.”
https://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2017/07/the-climate-has-always-changed-what-do-you-conclude/comment-page-4/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI1j4077d4c

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

The climate has always changed. What do you conclude? Empty Re: The climate has always changed. What do you conclude?

Post  Minermike Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:00 pm

Due to my old age and health , climate change no longer concerns me . I will leave it to younger people to worry about .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

gef50 and geof_junk like this post

Back to top Go down

The climate has always changed. What do you conclude? Empty Re: The climate has always changed. What do you conclude?

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Minermike wrote:Due to my old  age and health  ,  climate change    no longer   concerns  me .  I will  leave it to younger people to worry about .  

I worry about the younger ones too Mike.
For the childrens sake i would like to know (with respect) what school planetcare went to??? Neutral Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:19 pm

It worry's me all these couples have more and more children . How are they going to cope in 20 - 30 years time ? Do they think about that ?
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:04 pm

Minermike, life might be a long winding road of struggle, but the wonders put on this earth to behold, are every bit worth living as well as fighting for. Man can't see whats going to happen from one day to the next, not alone in 20 or 30 years time. When it comes to survival of the human race, where there's a will, man will find a way.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

gef50 and geof_junk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:39 pm

butch wrote:
Minermike wrote:Due to my old  age and health  ,  climate change    no longer   concerns  me .  I will  leave it to younger people to worry about .  

For the childrens sake i would like to know (with respect) what school planetcare went to??? Neutral Neutral

Why butch?

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:06 am

Kon61gold wrote:Minermike, life might be a long winding road of struggle, but the wonders put on this earth to behold, are every bit worth living as well as fighting for.  Man can't see whats going to happen from one day to the next, not alone in 20 or 30 years time.  When it comes to survival of the human race, where there's a will, man will find a way.

Kon. T25

I have my doubts Kon .

All of the magnificent creatures of this Earth found a way to survive through adaptation and evolution and became the perfection that they are today; then we came along and because we for whatever reason, could not adapt physically to the climates of this planet and so we adapted mentally and then set about destroying everything that was a threat to us that came before us in order for us so that in our puny format could survive......If we keep going in our present direction, that survival will not be for much longer..... It is very close to midnight on the Doomsday Clock. affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4369
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:54 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/24/toxic-america-sperm-counts-plastics-research

we're on a road to no where,
As I've always said ,we are just rabbits in a paddock Q12 T31

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1873
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:08 am

planetcare wrote:
butch wrote:

Why butch?

Parents should know what's being taught at their school.
It's too late for you PC look at yourself.
The children are terrified, it's all going to end in 10 yrs time, Greta stated it succinctly, "You've stolen my childhood".

End the dribble.

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:50 pm

I had little   or no help from my parents   with school work  .   It was beyond    them .

I had to give up with my engineering studies as it was beyond me . Too much information to take in , in a short space of time .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk and xmas tree like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:21 pm

I still have some of mum and dads work books for Maths and English & Literature. At year eight, which was as far as they could go in country schools at that time  their standard/levels were higher than where I was at year eight. Their reading ability and writing skills were superior.
    The reason my parents could not help me much with my maths and algebra was simply because they had forgotten it
At year eight (Tech College) I was studying 14 examinable subjects and all of the final exams had to be completed over a two week period. Prior to those exams we had the usual term exams. At year 10 (High School) I had only 6 examinable subjects (I thought I was in heaven that year).

Today the kids struggle with just a few electives and a couple of compulsory subjects. and have nervous breakdowns at exam time.....Fair dinkum they have no idea what pressure is.  Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Bill-S likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:12 pm

That's because they rely more & more on computers to work out problem solving issues for them Adrian. Relying solely on the world of computers/A.I machines to solve all mans problems, is like being addicted to heroin, but once hooked, how does one then gain old school knowledge, if the world of computers (for whatever the reason/s) come to a sudden stop?  
The saying "If you don't use it, you lose it" is becoming scarier with each passing year.
Adrian, I think our own cerebellum computers are beginning to stray off the main topic discussion here.  Shocked Looks like we might need reprograming & rebooting.  Q35

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:20 pm

OH Awriite Awrite, I can take a hint. Smile....Will not be long before we can get a USB port in our brain. pale
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gef50 Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 am

hmm seems my posts disappeared Shocked
gef50
gef50
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.vkteksolutions.com

Back to top Go down

The climate has always changed. What do you conclude? Empty will man live on

Post  mond Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:22 pm

i may have this a bit wrong but ?
When the last tree is gone and the last river is poisoned and the fish is dead
Then you will know you can't eat your money
Mond

mond
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:33 pm

I reckon we will be all gone before that ever happens.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Swedes63 Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:54 pm

I have always compared with typical foilhatfacts: The volcanoes! And there is dramatic effects in short time comparison. The year without summer (1813?) a lot of starvation as a result. Recently a scientist showed a graf. Volcanoes give out an estimated 1billion ton of CO2 every year. Doesn't fluctuate more than 50% any year. Humans are responsible for 55 billion tons!! All groving from the birth of the industrial revolution early 1800...
But i won't stop flying and driving is my profession! Technique is evolving. Thats the answer for the future. Not blocking trade with taxes and letting the Asians do the work unquestioned..

Swedes63
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:18 am

Some interesting info here.
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/CarbonCycle
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gef50 Sun May 02, 2021 12:45 pm

Climate has changed for billions of years ... it continues to change and will keep changing .. not one thing you can do about it ..
ps
lovely weather we are having ...lol

gef50
gef50
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.vkteksolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Sun May 02, 2021 1:59 pm

gef50 wrote:Climate has changed for billions of years ... it continues to change and will keep changing .. not one thing you can do about it ..
ps
The climate changes in response to what ever is the dominant forcing. The dominant forcing now is mans activities which are changing the climate much faster that at any time for a least 800,000 years. ie faster than any natural variation!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun May 02, 2021 6:40 pm

Well Man Kind is just another Bug on the planet. Life comes and goes. Looks like it is game over for us Aye. Rolling Eyes
Something smaller will take our place.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

gef50 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2021 11:04 am

The climate has always changed. What do you conclude? Monkey11

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm

butch wrote:The climate has always changed. What do you conclude? Monkey11

“Whoever tells you that the fact that “the climate has always changed” is somehow reassuring, does not know what he is talking about – or he is trying to con you.”
Well you may laugh Butch but the  reality is that the climate is warming rapidly, far faster than  can be explained by any natural variation.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon May 03, 2021 5:07 pm

See what happens when you practice in breeding.  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!

Looks like one of Big Gs first attempts at making a human but could not figure out how to set them up to evolve and that is why they are still the same today....Just like us so instead of knocking the failures off he let them go to see how they would get along with nature.
Then he had a few more cracks at making us and finally settled on what we are today....A bunch of  dip sticks  incapable of evolving.
Mentally we have about the same IQs of Cro magnon man. If you could bring one of those blokes forward in time, get the hair off him and dress him in Jeans and a t shirt you would have difficulty picking him out of a crowd of us...except he might be a bit tougher looking and would be physically very strong for his size. would have strong visualizing capability and  have strong instinctive  and or precognitive ability....and wouldn't give a stuff about climate change. affraid affraid lol! lol! lol! flower

Last edited by adrian ss on Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon May 03, 2021 5:19 pm

Fellas, could we please try to keep things in perspective here. The world is undergoing more than one change at the moment as we speak. We're copping it through COVID-19, we're copping it through severe whether changes around the world, with the possibility of a third world war on the horizon Shocked Trying times to say the least gents.
Butch, if man don't get their act together, there's a good chance the Chimp, might be having the last laugh. Sad

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue May 04, 2021 8:40 am

All of the talk today is about India and the Covid 19.
    What happened to cause the current surge in cases?
Even with this surge the deaths are only 0.003 % of total cases and recovery is approx 90%. That is better than what it was in America for a while.
     It seems that they dropped the ball in India and slacked off on precauctions.
If these people could stop having uncontrolled sex every night (70,000 babies borne every day) they would eventually bring their population down to manageable levels, their standard of living would improve out of sight and they would all be a lot happier.... This applies to all third world countries.
Women/wives in India have very little say when it comes to sex. The men just take it when they want it and the result is rampant in home rape and overpopulation. Rolling Eyes

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AOHY_en-GBAU708AU708&q=how+many+covid+19+cases+in+India+today&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi02p_8xa7wAhXDxzgGHf1YBKkQBSgAegQIARAx&biw=1309&bih=695

For Australia:

We make 300 babies per day...... Clearly we watch more tv than they do in India.  Very Happy

On 4 May 2021 at 08:44:11 AM (Canberra time), the resident population of Australia is projected to be:

This projection is based on the estimated resident population at 30 September 2020 and assumes growth since then of:
one birth every 1 minute and 43 seconds,
one death every 3 minutes and 13 seconds,
one person arriving to live in Australia every 3 minutes and 22 seconds,
one Australian resident leaving Australia to live overseas every 2 minutes and 48 seconds, leading to
an overall total population increase of one person every 4 minutes and 47 seconds.

These assumptions are consistent with figures released in National, state and territory population.

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed May 05, 2021 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue May 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Sadly I did predict that India would go "super nova" with their cases.
It would be terrifying to be in such a situation, many countries curbed the curve but when you have such a massive population it's bound to spiral out of control .
Once again it's the poor that suffer and one of their only pleasures in life Adrian is that "special" cuddle with the missus.
Not banning religious festivals or enforcing lockdowns etc is a recipe for catastrophe Crying or Very sad

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Tue May 04, 2021 8:16 pm

I was in Singapore back in 2020 Feb. when they cancelled our Cruise and had to return to Ozzie. While waiting for a flight back went on a city tour. Most of the people on the tour were Indian an the way they crowd next to one and other, I said to the wife if this virus get loose in India they will not have any hope of containing it. However remember that India populations is nearly 1,400 million and USA is about 330 million. India has 4 times that of USA so they are not as bad as the media portrayed.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

gef50, adrian ss and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:59 pm

Heard a rumour that the Greens want to cap all of the worlds volcano's to help achieve zero emissions. Q12 Q12 Q12 Q12 Just kidding.... Well it sounds like something they would be DH enough to want to do.. Q24 Q24
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:23 pm

I know how capping volcanoes turn out adrian, I at times try to keep my emissions in , especially in the company of proper people but
alas end up embarrassing my better half Q29  affraid Laughing Laughing Q34 Q25
So,where ever you may be let your emission go free cheers cheers

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next