Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some more tiddlers.

3 posters

Go down

Some more tiddlers. Empty Some more tiddlers.

Post  Axtyr Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:35 pm

G'day everyone.

Last Thursday was the last day I was out and managed to pick up 3 more bits of gold.
Some more tiddlers. RIk6so8

They weren't big but chunky. They weighed about, 0.21 gram, 0.33 gram and 0.12 gram. 0.66 gram all up.

The first piece was the biggest surprise as the dirt was soft and I wasn't expecting it to be anything but rubbish in that type of soil. The other 2 were just in the hard clay.

I did get a really good signal and it was still inside a rather large lump of hard clay. I was hoping it was going to be a good piece of gold but it ended up being an old piece of copper. It was really strange as it looked like a ghoulish face like the one out of the movie Scream.

It doesn't look like I will get out until after Easter now, so everyone that is out there over Easter, have a great time and find some gold.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

kiwijw, Firefly, joe82, moredeep, fwdoz and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Some more tiddlers. Empty Re: Some more tiddlers.

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm

Well done & same to you & your family Axtyr. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25

Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:37 pm

Good on you Axtyr. Still pinging those small ones. I recall you were getting those when I was last on here. That is going back a few years now. Don't think you were swinging a Zed back then, I could be wrong on that though. Looks like our size gold. You sure you are not over the ditch here in NZ? lol!

Best of luck out there

JW  Q39
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:34 am

G'day JW.

I have missed your stories and especially your photos.

I have been using the Z since 2015 and have been picking up these small pieces on ground introduced to myself by Moredeep, bless his soul.
The gold is small but there were quite a few and I have kept going there because it is the closest spot to home and my friend is still looking for his first piece.
I also took another guy there because he wanted to try detecting and found his first piece of gold.

Good to see you're still getting gold out there. Keep it up.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

kiwijw, moredeep and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum