Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interference from an Electrified Fence

+3
Reg Wilson
moredeep
PeterInSa
7 posters

Go down

Interference from an Electrified Fence Empty Interference from an Electrified Fence

Post  PeterInSa Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:34 pm

A Forest where I detected today ajoins some land owners who have a wire at the top of their fence/s that sends a signal out every 3 sec or so (for 1 sec)for a distance of around 300m out from the fence, the fence is around 500m+ long.

Up to the fence has some good detecting ground, I cannot get rid of this interference with the Z, any comments/solutions. It is possible to detect during the 3 sec breaks but not for me.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Interference from an Electrified Fence Empty Re: Interference from an Electrified Fence

Post  moredeep Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Had a similar problem pete using the 5000 and 14"elite,I put on the 8"coil ,dropped the audio into quiet and dropped the rx gain,helped a lot.
This obviously doesn't help you one little bit,but there may be a smaller coil now in the form of the x-coil for the Z?

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Interference from an Electrified Fence Empty Electric fence.

Post  Reg Wilson Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 pm

Go find the cocky and talk to him about switching off the fence for the time you wish to detect. Offer him an incentive. If you are a good diplomat he will listen. If you are a D*******d he will soon access you as such and tell you to sod off.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

jmp333 and geof_junk like this post

Back to top Go down

Interference from an Electrified Fence Empty Re: Interference from an Electrified Fence

Post  PeterInSa Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 pm

Reg a lot of SA operators check out this place so the land holder could well have the electric fence set up to keep the riff raff and others out.

So if I am desperate for a dig:

Maybe my Nox and my 6 Inch coil with advice from below:
https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/6099-equinox-electric-livestock-fence/

Or try to use the Z between the 1sec Beeps every 3 sec. ( Listen for signals between beeps)

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:21 am

Do you have a gpx model detector? Nugget finder make the anti interference coil for use in areas like that maybe more for atmospheric conditions by worth a lap

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

geof_junk and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:24 am

Peter.

Rather than asking the farmer to turn off the fence, explain to him what you are doing and ask him if there are times when the fence is switched off. He may be kind enough then to offer to switch it off for you when you are out detecting.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Reg Wilson and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:20 pm

GPX with Coiltek AI coil, problem solved.

One of the paddocks I worked near Ararat had an E fence and I was able to work within a metre of it with a Coiltek 17x11 AI / 4500.

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

moredeep, PeterInSa and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:37 am

Never pee on an electric fence that is switched on . Seen some bad photos on the internet .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum