Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Gold Fields for some detecting potential for newcomer to Qld

2 posters

Go down

Warwick Gold Fields for some detecting potential for newcomer to Qld Empty Warwick Gold Fields for some detecting potential for newcomer to Qld

Post  Childsy100 Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:04 pm

Hello there Members,
Have recently recently shifted to Gold Coast Hinterland, from Albury Nsw, Keen to try somewhere reasonably close, appears Warwick is by far the closest, and open to suggestions to best areas to plan a trip or 2. A few Questions as have been member of Pmav, Napra, Apla for some time, used to having booklet and maps of the diggings in Victoria like John Tully's excellent magazines and illustrations of the diggings etc,
I can find maps with the old gold mines on them, but to find the diggings and put you in an approximate location of actual areas in the Durakai Forests and other close by forests for example seems to be no relative indications at all. I will keep researching but any tips or help is appreciated, thank you in advance, Chris.
Childsy100
Childsy100
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-06-24

Back to top Go down

Warwick Gold Fields for some detecting potential for newcomer to Qld Empty Re: Warwick Gold Fields for some detecting potential for newcomer to Qld

Post  AnnieL Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Hi Chris.
Some info here on Fossicking in Queensland https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/areas-facilities/fossicking.
Also a map and info on Durikai - https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/areas-facilities/fossicking/south-east/durikai-forest

There was a campground Glendon Campground to stay and behind the pub at Karara.

There is an App, trilobite solutions.com that shows areas and old mines. Or try https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/mining-energy-water/resources/minerals-coal/online-services/georesglobe

Good luck.

Last edited by AnnieL on Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more info)
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Childsy100 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Warwick Gold Fields for some detecting potential for newcomer to Qld Empty Warwick Gold Fields for some detecting potential for newcomer to Qld

Post  Childsy100 Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:00 am

Thank You Annie L,
Have just opened the suggested sites and I have had the trilobite solutions app and can put me onto the mine sites okay, have watched a few YouTube videos, will check the 2nd site out, the Recreational site I have and have previously read through all this and a map of the forests however trying to find the maps of the actual diggings and gps approximates is the elusive area so far, and appreciate your input, kind regards Chris

Last edited by Childsy100 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I first replied in appreciation of prompt reply, not realising I had already seen the recreational sites which didnt really provide the info I am looking for, all okay!)
Childsy100
Childsy100
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-06-24

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down