Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Nuggets with a 4500

+3
TheH0ward
detecta2
Jack0gold
7 posters

Go down

Small Nuggets with a 4500 Empty Small Nuggets with a 4500

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:16 am

The 4500 combined with a 8" Commander lethal on small nuggets

Dunolly Saturday 23/10/2010

10 nuggets - 0.75g total- the smallest hardly registers on the scale

Thank goodness for Digital Macro on the Camera What a Face

Small Nuggets with a 4500 Img_2612

Last edited by ARARAT on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Renamed Topic)

Back to top Go down

Small Nuggets with a 4500 Empty Re: Small Nuggets with a 4500

Post  Jack0gold Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:42 am

Well done on your finds ARARAT, Its always a pleasure to find that piece of colour in your hand, no matter how big it is. Im using the 8inch mono on my 5000 and its such a deadly combination on the small stuff. I have a great collection of lead pellets.
Jack0gold
Jack0gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post  detecta2 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:00 am

Well done,very encouraging post for me,the wife and I have only just moved on to 45's from the 35 and 4000,so in past when weve been on surfaced areas or shallow ground we were using 10"dd's , got a couple of 8"monos under the bed in the van so i'll be getting them out now, phill

detecta2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:29 am

lead pellets... i think im an expert on those now, lol.

hey good pic and great find ARARAT! Cool
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Nice work, that 8" coil must be deadly on the small stuff, my smallest coil is the 11" mono and that is dynamite.
Cheers

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:37 pm

nice work, got to love the 8" mono. didn't go out today as i got a bit drunk last night and wasn't that good this morning... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:00 pm

stoppsy wrote: i got a bit drunk last night and wasn't that good this morning

Hope you didn't spew stoppsy affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:16 pm

detecta2 wrote:Well done,very encouraging post for me,the wife and I have only just moved on to 45's from the 35 and 4000,so in past when weve been on surfaced areas or shallow ground we were using 10"dd's , got a couple of 8"monos under the bed in the van so i'll be getting them out now, phill

Thanks detecta2,

You won't be disappointed using the 8" coils..there is lots of small gold about and it all adds up.

Its strange but I actually get a buzz when I find such small stuff - I must be kooky lol!

Good luck Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:18 pm

TheH0ward wrote:lead pellets... i think im an expert on those now, lol.

Mate - Ain't we all Laughing

Back to top Go down

Small Nuggets with a 4500 Empty Small nuggets with a 45

Post  Brown Snake Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:28 pm

I did go out this morning briefly although, not feeling the best, and nothing to do with a hangover! 8" comander mono on 45 and managed to get two sub grammers plus usual rubbish. Oh yeah, and a horse-shoe!
During the week, went back to the private property where I had previously got a .6 (first signal) and a 5.5 flogged it with the 18" comander and got zilch! Ah well thats the way it goes! Havent given up on this spot though!
Brown snake
Brown Snake
Brown Snake
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Brown Snake wrote:Havent given up on this spot though! Brown snake

Another day, different coil, different conditions. It may lead to more finds on the same ground.

Go figure confused

Hope you are feeling better alien

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Just got back from the days dit dit armed with the new 8" Commander on the unmodded 3500...Deadly on small lead pellets, Large lead at depth and a buckle at depth as well, very happy with that sniffer, all i have to do is put it over gold next time.. yer struck out but what a great day to be out.
Had a few beers last night too stopps but was ok this morning, brownsnake hope you feel better this week.
Ararat nice gold with the 8" it is a deadly combo me thinks!!!!!!!

HueyDuck....

HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:26 am

Gday

The 4500 and minelab 8" mono are a good combination for all those tight spots and for sniffing about through spinifex and rocky ground, I like to use it in creeks where there are little pieces often trapped between the rocks, its really good for sampling an unknown area to see if there is anything about too.

In some places most of the nuggets are sub grammers so having a capable little coil in your arsenal is important as they can soon add up, there are still many places that have many ounces of sub gram pieces for the taking, generally they are shallow but often too small to register on a bigger coil so are missed by many operators, I know this by the amount of pieces that I have picked out of other peoples dig holes, where they have heard something and then after disturbing the ground dont get another signal from it so just dismiss it as ground noise and move on.

Its just as much fun getting lots of tiddlers,and gold is gold after all so if you are not doing so well with the bigger coil get one of these 8" mono's on and hit all the tight spots and you might be pleasantly surprised with the results.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Blitter2011 Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Hey Stayyer,

Could I ask what settings you use for the 4500 with the 8"?

Ive only had my 4500 for a week, and have a 17x11 NFA as my main coil. No gold as yet, been mainly working the heaps, but thinking a smaller coil might be the go, and leave the NFA for patch finding. I have my old 10x5" DD coiltek (iron board) and a coiltek 11" mono....how much better is the 8" compared to either of these coils on the small stuff with the 4500? I know the 10x5 was fantastic on my old extreme for the small stuff, but sensitive to the hotrocks as well. Mind you that was probably more the machine than the coil.

Going over to Maryborough over the weekend and thinking of trading my old coiltek 17x11 DD on a smaller mono to find the small stuff????

Sorry that was a lot more than just one question........... Embarassed

Blitter2011
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down