Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display.

5 posters

Go down

Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display. Empty Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display.

Post  Axtyr Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi all.

I was just watching the latest episode of Aussie Gold Hunters and was surprised to see one of the outfit using one of these coils.
Most interesting especially since the episode was probably shot near the end of last year. I have heard nothing about them coming up for sale in the near future and Jen originally posted last December about them becoming available in 2020.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Hotrocks and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display. Empty Re: Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display.

Post  Reg Wilson Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:55 pm

I would not hang by my private parts until they are actually available, and what guarantee is there that they will be any better than the Minelab coil, let alone the X coil, which has already proven their superiority to the original heavy beast? I hate the way that certain companies put out a tempter to try and convince the consumer to wait for a new product rather than buy what is now available. Minelab have been using this ploy for some time, and now Nuggetfinder are using the same dodgy tactics.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

gef50 and dougy like this post

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display. Empty Re: Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display.

Post  Kon61gold Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Patience Axtyr. If it were not for the constant delay's associated with COVID-19, the coils in question would be here by now. Although announcing date release after date release, (over a period of almost one year from the coils first initial introduction) whilst knowing of such expected delays (due to COVID-19) is not exactly the right way of going about things.
As for the newly developed NF 12 inch DOD Z-Search coils performance characteristics, compared to the Minelab 14X13 inch coil, is yet to be determined.  
One things for certain, is that NF have not made any outrageous claims about their new GPZ coil. "As good as" the 14X13 is whats been stated, made in Australia, with a lot less coil weight than the original 14X13, water proof to 1 meter, a 3 year warranty, supplied with its own lower shaft & most importantly, no modification of the coil lead plug, but plug straight in to the detector. Offerings like that, not only make it more tempting, but give all GPZ users, more than enough reassurance/peace of mind, regardless of the new GPZ coil being no better in performance characteristics, than the original Minelab 14X13 GPZ coil.
Now don't anyone misunderstand me here people, for i am not affiliated nor associated with any coil manufacturer & am more than happy with my X-Coil investments. My write up here, is intended to lean more towards the ones who have waited for an Australian company to produce aftermarket coils for the GPZ, in preference to an overseas manufacturer.  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

gef50, geof_junk, Sparrowfart, goldquest, 4rd, AnnieL and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Yes Kon, I have been hanging out for the NF Z and will quite possibly get one if I think it is worth the effort etc. Probably don't really need one as I am happy with the Minelab one but... it has to be at least as good on small stuff, at least as good at depth, at least as good with all aspects of noise and a bit lighter won't hurt for sure.... I guess it's somthing to do. Detecting
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Nightjar and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display. Empty Nugget Finder Z Search coil on display.

Post  goldquest Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:55 pm

When I was swinging the 4500 and the 5000 I always used the Nugget Finder coils because I believe that they are better than any other after market coils, with the 7000 I am more than happy with the original 14" and 19", yes they are heavy, but the work perfectly. Said that when the new Nugget Finder Z Search coil 12" will be release I will give it a go, if is lighter than the original and not too expensive, because I know Rowan and I am sure that he will release the coil when is absolutely sure that they perform well.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

geof_junk, AnnieL and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:03 pm

G'day fellas.

I'm certainly not waiting to purchase one, quite happy with the Minelab coil. It just took me by surprise to see a round coil on a 7000.
Jen posted about the coil last year and when I saw it I thought it was one of the X-coils.

It is interesting watching the Aussie Gold Diggers as they swing the coil from side to side at a wild pace and about 6 inches above the ground. It's amazing they find any gold at all, but they have to make it look good when they get a "good" signal. That's the nature of prospecting.

It has always puzzled me why some use a digger or grader to take the soil off the surface and use the latest and greatest and most expensive detector when any GP or GPX detector would be more than suitable. I also didn't realize we have a "season" for prospecting in Victoria. If I find gold out of season do I have to put it back????

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Reg Wilson, Rockwall, moredeep and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down