Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look

3 posters

Go down

Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look Empty Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look

Post  dundiggin Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:39 pm

Now that borders are shut I was wondering if any members could direct me to the Warwick area for a bit of prospecting.. Been a GT man but that looks to be out of the question for some time yet for qlder.

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look Empty Re: Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look

Post  bicter Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:45 pm

https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/areas-facilities/fossicking/south-east/durikai-forest
https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/areas-facilities/fossicking/south-east/talgai-forest
anywhere in the above GPAs can hold gold
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look Empty Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look

Post  dundiggin Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi Bichter, thanks for the info will give it a go some time this week.. Got sick a staying at home and borders closed for southern adventure.. Damn!! T01

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look Empty Re: Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look

Post  bicter Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:20 am

dundiggin wrote:Hi Bichter, thanks for the info will give it a go some time this week.. Got sick a staying at home and borders closed for southern adventure.. Damn!! T01
I've never had much luck in the Talgai GPA but have heard of others being successful there.
The northern section of Durikai gets a hammering whereas the southern section, being more difficult to get to, doesn't see as many detectors. Still gold being detected down there. Every man and his dog has detected Carbean road GPA. You would be hard pressed to pull anything out.
There is an active gold lease in the southern section, run by Ben from Golddiggers. Also a few historical mines, however most are outside the GPA. I've found gold in all sections of the Durikai GPA
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  dundiggin Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi, took a run up to Warwick to get a lay of the land, called into the Information office to enquire where Happy Valley is as I got to hear that gold is sometimes found there.. After much questioning no one had a clue where it is until a gentleman looked in the NSW area close to Warwick and sure enough it's in nsw and borders are shut...
Had my immobile wife with me for a day out so went on to Durikai. We found out that there are two gates and we took the first not knowing of a second.. Went in and drove slowly along eyeing the country, one vehicle came out so I thought we must be on the right track... There must have been some rain the previous night as there was water almost everywhere.. Having no clear directions we took in a lot of tracks.. One water course looke good so we stopped, looked around, noticed the very fresh scrapeings of a detectorist.
As time was now in the PM I got the pan out and took samples from the water gutter and bucketed them to wash at home.. That area seems promising and as soon as I have finished my raised garden beds I'll be back..
Having driven on many tracks I decided to have the GPS get us home.. Well!!!!!! I kept telling the missus we're heading south when we should be going north.. After following a rabbit proof fence for a thousand miles we came to a gate and I decided to turn back.. Took a left road, tried the GPS again which said to take a left which we did and ended up in a dead end!!! Soooo from then on when she said to turn left we turned right and came out at what would be the second gate.. WHEW!! Love the bush, never been lost in my life, always seem to come out okay. The wife doesn't worry either as she knows I never get lost even when I don,t know where I am...Never saw any like a mining lease or claim.. Took note of where the pepper and salt country is and I'll be back...We enjoy the bush and next time I'll be on my own with the tector. Might have to make Glenden a camping spot and give Durikai a good go.. Very Happy cheers lol! lol! V11 Detecting Camp Fire dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

geof_junk, Detectist, moredeep and BEPGOLD like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:32 am

I'll PM you some GPS marks so you can have a look on Google maps/earth at where everything is in relation to the Durikai GPA.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look Empty RE: ANY AREAS NEAR WARWICK WORTH A LOOK

Post  dundiggin Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Hi bicter, I honestly did not expect the detailed message and I thank you so very much... It's comforting to get the type of help you have given... I will certainly gunna give it a go.. It's a bugger to be driving blind but you have shone light on my problem.. Can't thank you enough.
It maybe a week before I can get there, but I certainly will.. It doesn't matter how many been over the ground they never get the lot..
By the news on the virus and victoria it could well be a year perhaps more before it'll be safe to venture there so here we are!!!! Thank you. Q32 Q32 T01 Detecting Camp Fire It's a great forum!!

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:01 am

Did you want the GPS marks for the historic mines in the GPA?

The best way to find the gold is to get the coil on the ground Laughing Very Happy
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

BEPGOLD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Re: any areas near Warwick qld worth a look Empty RE: Any areas near Warwick qld worth a look

Post  dundiggin Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi bicter, Yeah those co-ordinates may be handy.
To find gold , as you state," one has to have the coil on the ground". . Better than being in the ground where there is no activity, no joys or drooling over a chunk of yellow.
Exciting days for me yesterday and today- no gold but one eye cataract lasered, another to come, left eye injected for 5th time, all to stop blindness.. Better sight, all the better to see IT with.. although no great eyesight needed to see the lumps found at Tarnagulla. T08 All the best... dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:07 pm

I previously had both Gold and Ghost Books for Queensland, sold them to a Queenslander some years ago. If you have mate/friend who has a copy of the SE Qld Book, this may help re Qld sites, it helped me years ago when we visited Qld.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down