Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low-cost dexamethasone reduces death by up to one third in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19

4 posters

Go down

Low-cost dexamethasone reduces death by up to one third in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19 Empty Low-cost dexamethasone reduces death by up to one third in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19

Post  planetcare Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:21 am

Low-cost dexamethasone reduces death by up to one third in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19
https://www.recoverytrial.net/news/low-cost-dexamethasone-reduces-death-by-up-to-one-third-in-hospitalised-patients-with-severe-respiratory-complications-of-covid-19

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2019-09-27

geof_junk and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Low-cost dexamethasone reduces death by up to one third in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19 Empty Re: Low-cost dexamethasone reduces death by up to one third in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Sleep

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Low-cost dexamethasone reduces death by up to one third in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19 Empty Re: Low-cost dexamethasone reduces death by up to one third in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19

Post  planetcare Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:25 pm

davsgold wrote:I hope double blind testing was conducted

Its was a properly conducted trial.
A total of 2104 patients were randomised to receive dexamethasone 6 mg once per day (either by mouth or by intravenous injection) for ten days and were compared with 4321 patients randomised to usual care alone.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  hawkear Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:58 pm

With a suggested survival improvement of between 8 to 26% over previous standard care drugs dexamethasone provides a welcome addition to the armory of drugs available to treat COVID 19 patients in the standard of care model.
I believe the study was conducted in the UK where the death rate of COVID patients was reported as a horrendous 14.9% as against Australia's 1.6%. I have faith in our health system that they are providing close to if not the best worlds practice in the standard of care of COVID patients. I feel that any efficacy improvements for dexamethasone may be at the lower end of the scale in our country and maybe none at all if we are already using more efficacious drugs, so I still would not see dexamethasone as a cure.
A better treatment maybe a daily dose of gold resulting from an isolated hunt through our extensive goldfield forests.
hawkear
hawkear
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2015-03-11

rockhunter62 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:01 pm

I like the gold treatment idea hawkear,it'll push up the gold price cheers

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1873
Registration date : 2018-05-23

granite2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:23 pm

Fellas/planetcare, not that I enjoy muzzling up freedom of speech, but there's enough of COVID-19 on the news that we're bombarded with on a daily basis, let alone constantly bringing it up on here for discussion/debate. Could we please all give it a rest for a little while (meaning in days, not minutes) so that we can all concentrate more on the gold detecting/prospecting side of things?

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4517
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down