Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Castlemaine gold for a while.

3 posters

Go down

More Castlemaine gold for a while. Empty More Castlemaine gold for a while.

Post  Axtyr Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:23 pm

G’day everyone.

It was a beautiful day out at Castlemaine yesterday, for the last time for the next 6 weeks.
I managed to strike it lucky within the first hour, another block of quartz with no visible gold. The sound from the detector was good and the pinpointer even gave a good signal. I got another good signal from another block of cracked quartz but there was nothing inside it at all, must have been ironstone intrusions through it that gave the signal.

Last week I brought a rock home for my 6 year old granddaughter to break open and she enjoyed that. I was under pressure to bring one back for her 9 year old sister and thankfully I got one.

This morning I got her to crack the beast open and inside there were 4 pieces totalling 0.66 gram. She was very happy.
More Castlemaine gold for a while. JsW5wJF

So, that’s it for the next 6 weeks for us Melburnians. Good luck out there to those that can still go prospecting.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

More Castlemaine gold for a while. Empty Re: More Castlemaine gold for a while.

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Nice bits of reef gold from host rock. Much appreciate you sharing your finds with us Axtyr, well done. Shame that Vic once again has been put under lock down, but there's no other way of getting this dreadful virus under control & at the rate the numbers have been steadily climbing, I can't but help fear for the worst.
Stay safe everyone.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

More Castlemaine gold for a while. Empty Re: More Castlemaine gold for a while.

Post  moredeep Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:52 pm

Nice going Axtyr,next time you're up in castlemaine give me a pm ,well do a meet and greet if you like.
Can't say enjoy the lock down,but all I can say is thank you; all [melbournians ]  for locking down for the next 6 weeks,your pain is felt here in the rural prospecting community.
I'll leave the big nuggs for you,I'll only take the tiddlers.all the best ,keep sane. Smile

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down