Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best detector for finding flour gold

4 posters

Go down

Best detector for finding flour gold Empty Best detector for finding flour gold

Post  bfloyd4445 Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:15 pm

Need a new machine to target natural gold. Anyone have any "best machine" advice?

Thanks.
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2015-05-17

Back to top Go down

Best detector for finding flour gold Empty Re: Best detector for finding flour gold

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:29 pm

G'day bfloyd, welcome to the forum.

Check out the Falcon MD 20.(more of a metal detecting hand held probe, designed for the detection of very fine gold in amongst bedrock/crevices) than a hand swung metal detector. You can get a better Idea of how it operates on youtube.  The next best thing would have to be a Gold Bug 2, coupled to a 6.5 inch coil. Keep in mind that both these 2 metal detecting devices above, are good for working exposed bedrock/crevices but not suited to working in sections of highly mineralized dirt or rock.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Best detector for finding flour gold Empty Re: Best detector for finding flour gold

Post  bfloyd4445 Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Thanks for the tip. I gave my Garret AT gold away because it was awkward and didn't find much. Had to be the machine it couldn't have been my stupididy<smile>. My problem was most soild containing gold also are mineralized. I'm getting the bug again and have heard lots about the gold bug and may give it a whirl. This is the largest i have found

Best detector for finding flour gold Dsc04710
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:09 pm

0.07gram combined is rather small/fine gold indeed. It is most unfortunate that Pulse Induction is the way to go for gold in areas of mineralized or highly meneralized ground, but the next step above would have to be a Minelab  SDC 2300 (especially if your'e concentrating on or after the smaller gold).

Cheers Kon.T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Best detector for finding flour gold Empty A little less costly

Post  goldnomad Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Perhaps a GPX4000 Kon at roughly half the price of the SDC2300???

Cheers
Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Yep, that to Rob & with a variety of small coils on offer to suit. Wink

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Do I have to state the obvious? The QED PL3 with a Sadie coil will out perform all competitors. Or you can match it with an X coil such as the 10" spiral or X coil 12" x 6" 'hybrid' wound coil. The 8" Commander mono is also a good choice, as is the 9" Coiltek spiral mono.
I have done all the tests at the Coiltek test site at Lucknow lead and have seen the results for myself.
The beauty of the QED is that you are not limited to small coils for small gold, but can hook up big coils for larger gold at depth. Find out for yourself.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

deutran, moredeep and Suncoaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 pm

My apologies Reg, forgot to mention the current QED altogether & you are not wrong in what you say about the QED's capabilities with smaller coils to match, not to mention the low cost of the detector, as compared to the SDC 2300.
There you go bfloyd more than enough good feedback info to make up your mind.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Reg Wilson, bfloyd4445, moredeep and Suncoaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am

Kon61gold wrote:0.07gram combined is rather small/fine gold indeed. It is most unfortunate that Pulse Induction is the way to go for gold in areas of mineralized or highly meneralized ground, but the next step above would have to be a Minelab  SDC 2300 (especially if your'e concentrating on or after the smaller gold).

Cheers Kon.T25

I'll have to check them out. I think there is lots of fine stuf in the old gold fields. Years ago a friend wanted to learn how to use a sluice box so I took him in my jeep with six five gallon bucket and we went into the gold country and filled them up at different locations. I reallt didn't expect to get any color. When we got back i set up a box and we began to run those buckets and one of them had good color to my surprise. This was before gps and it was a random thing that i didn't think would find anything so didn't mark the locations on a map like a dummy. Now I'm old and worn out with the time to do things like this again.

Thanks for the tip. I've heard others say good things about Minelab sdc 2300 so maybe its time to give it a shot.
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:25 am

goldnomad wrote:Perhaps a GPX4000 Kon at roughly half the price of the SDC2300???

Cheers
Robert

I like 1/2 the price. Gotta check this one out. Thanks.

First look with a couple of reviews i found interesting

https://www.metaldetectingworld.com/11-1-minelabgpx4000.html

Still looking. This is gonna take some time to figger out Smile
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:28 am

Reg Wilson wrote:Do I have to state the obvious? The QED PL3 with a Sadie coil will out perform all competitors. Or you can match it with an X coil such as the 10" spiral or X coil 12" x 6" 'hybrid' wound coil. The 8" Commander mono is also a good choice, as is the 9" Coiltek spiral mono.
I have done all the tests at the Coiltek test site at Lucknow lead and have seen the results for myself.
The beauty of the QED is that you are not limited to small coils for small gold, but can hook up big coils for larger gold at depth. Find out for yourself.

Your talking Greek to me., a QED PL3 with a sadie coil?.....is that also Minelab

thanks

Is this model only avaiable in Australia? Geez....I've always wanted to go there and drive accross the country.
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  bfloyd4445 Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:51 am

Kon61gold wrote:My apologies Reg, forgot to mention the current QED altogether & you are not wrong in what you say about the QED's capabilities with smaller coils to match, not to mention the low cost of the detector, as compared to the SDC 2300.
There you go bfloyd more than enough good feedback info to make up your mind.

Cheers Kon. T25

I'm in California and Oregon most of the time isn't the QED Australian? The SDC 2300 looks pretty nice but your right maybe a bit pricey

Thanks again
Britt
bfloyd4445
bfloyd4445
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down