Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new sdc report

+3
moredeep
deutran
yellowmellow
7 posters

Go down

new sdc report Empty new sdc report

Post  yellowmellow Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:26 pm

Very impressed with the sdc no gold but timy lead balls some were minisuce and got them at will some depth too a few inches and very noticeable signal . Its simply a vacuum cleaner on small stuff and easy pin pointing too quick recovery which is handy find and move on. The coil still has some depth to it and stable threshold too.
The newer sdc also are made lighter and more stronger reinforcement too. All round easy to detect and is feather light for a detector. Coil has a double skid plate on it too. There is a function to easy switch coils too it but for me ill stay with the 8 inch and move up to the Coiltek extreme and get an expert to fit it.
To many of these in the fields there maybe no more gold left that's the problem.
Spoke to minelab last Monday they said they are the fastest growing popular detector and is the next best thing since the release of the gpx range way back in 2008.
First of many trips to the gold fields ive got the bug back I feel.
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

new sdc report Empty Re: new sdc report

Post  deutran Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Good luck with your SDC Tim you should do well.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm

Go for gold Tim cheers
good luck m8

cheers  moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:12 am

The question is do I change to the coiltek exteme coil 10 x 5 or stick to the 8 inch that's all ready supplied with the sdc and do I need to use a steel phase amplifier too sp01 please let me know thanks tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:47 pm

G'day Tim,to be honest i wouldn't bother spending the money on the Coiltek 10 x 5 coil..you also have to buy the fitting kit to be able to use it.
I bought the 14 x 9 for my SDC,and i've managed to find a few bits with it,but not real sure it was worth the extra expense.

Don't get me wrong,Coiltek make great coils ( I have the 14 inch Elite on my 4500) but you'll find it becomes a hassle if you wanna change back to the standard coil.

The SDC is a fantastic little machine in it's standard form,that'll find you plenty..no need to change anything.
I will say you should definitely buy a Phasetec SP01 booster for it..it brings up those signals a treat T06

Good luck out there

Cheers...Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

new sdc report Empty sdc design issue

Post  yellowmellow Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:06 pm

There is a design problem in the way the standard sdc coil is attachd plus theres a small gap between the coil and the shaft which dust and dirt can enter the workings of the coil hence stuffing it up. I m thinking of going with 10x5 coiltek extreme coil. please let me know if this is a good idea thanks tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:11 am

Tim when you messaged me about getting your 2300, what did I say ??. DON"T STUFF AROUND WITH IT" keep it standard. Learn your machine first. There are thousands out there using the 2300 as a standard machine without having any problems with the coil or the machine. You stuff around with it and you could stuff up your warranty. This may have been your problem in the past with all your other machines you had. You kept stuffing around with them, buying new coils every five minutes and then selling them again. Not really learning your machine and then getting P!ssed of with it. Sorry mate for having a go at you, but Please, just lean your machine and keep it standard. Tim stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:28 am

Now there is some seriously good advice that we could all take notice of.
I have stuffed about with all of my detectors and in most cases have ended up returning them to standard format. I even removed the enhancer from the SDC, just could not pick much difference from standard.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4357
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:01 am

Wombat, i could not agree more with what you have said. But Tim being who he is is not going to listen, he will ask and ask and all good advice seems to be ignored.
Re the coils, i could not see any difference as the 8" round should go deeper when you look at how they send recieve.
Tim, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING, have you got it. Just go out and detect and find lead, junk and may be the odd bit of colour, like everybody else.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:15 am

Totally agree with the "leave it alone" comments but will say there are a few additions that greatly help with the standard machine.
This stand is a winner, doesn't interfere with operation of machine!
https://humptydooprospecting.com.au/product/sdc-2300-woody-foot-stand-in-stock/

Woody also released, 18650 Lithium Battery Adapters. +
The Trumpet (my partner uses it religiously because she swings left handed an the signals boom for her)

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:51 pm

Remember Tim,look for shallow/surfaced/bedrocky area's to start of with.
plus it's also luck ,you have to put your coil over gold.
Have fun mate Very Happy

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down