Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search

+17
Rockwall
koeh
Jonathan Porter
AraratGold
PeterInSa
mbasko
norvic
cars
deutran
joe82
Kon61gold
Reg Wilson
peterinaust
flyspecks
piston broke
phoenix
goldminer997
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search Empty COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search

Post  Guest Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:03 am

https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au

COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search 0a0d2810

Back to top Go down

COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search Empty coming in 2020

Post  goldminer997 Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:52 am

Not long to go now Jen. aussie made no more cutting coil plugs and a lot less cost then the x coils with more detector shops selling them can not go wrong cheers cheers
goldminer997
goldminer997
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-08-25

http://www.coasttocoastprospectingtours.com

Back to top Go down

COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search Empty Re: COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search

Post  phoenix Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:43 am

goldminer997 wrote:Not long to go now Jen. aussie  made no more cutting coil plugs and a lot less cost then the x coils with more detector shops selling them can not go wrong cheers cheers
Q16
phoenix
phoenix
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2017-02-20

Back to top Go down

COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search Empty Re: COMING IN 2020 Nuggetfinder Z-Search

Post  piston broke Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 am

Any idea on price? cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:01 am

Q16 Q16 Q16 ABOUT TIME Q16 Q16 Q16
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:54 pm

piston broke wrote:Any idea on price? cheers Pete.

On their add it says at a “realistic price”
fingers crossed it won’t cost an arm and a leg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:03 pm

goldminer997 wrote:Not long to go now Jen. aussie  made no more cutting coil plugs and a lot less cost then the x coils with more detector shops selling them can not go wrong cheers cheers

Hi
Hope you had a safe trip back home

Yep not long to go at all
2020 is just around the corner
I think there will be lots of Zed owners wanting to know how they run, plus what sizes coils may come out.
I guess time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm

I don't get out enough to fork out on an X - coil. I'll be watching these new one's for sure, I new they were in the pipe line, so now we know.

Cheers

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Nuggetfinder are unable to say what will be involved as far as the chip and cutting the cord is concerned. This is not resolved.

PS By the way, will this post be moved to the General section, or do different rules apply to Nuggetfinder?
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Well, it was only a matter of time hey? What I'd like to know, is what took our Australian manufacturer/s so long? Shocked
Too right it will Reg, but, I'll let it run under the "General Discussion" section, for a few days more, before having it moved to its rightful place.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:50 pm

I wont be poo pooing the xcoil at all until some proper side by side testing is done I cant wait to see how things pan out Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Good on you Kon. At least you are consistent.
No actual release date yet for this new coil and no pricing, plus I notice that even the 'Prince of Claremont' has no idea of how the 'dongle' problem will be resolved.
Same old marketing tactic of releasing a few foggy details in the hope that prospective buyers will now hang off purchasing a coil that is already proven and available in preference for the new promised item.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Everything to gain from some competition in the market,it can only be a step forward which is so badly needed at the moment.I'm sure the time taken to produce these coils will result in another quality product at a competitive price.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Interesting times ahead Reg. We'll just have to wait & see, when & what the final outcome will be.
No doubting NF's reputation Steve, for they must have been super impressed with the performance of a 12 inch round DOD, to be advertising it, as a starting point for sales. Interesting times ahead indeed.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:18 pm

Yes seems like the 12" round coils are hitting the sweet spot lately.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Pretty ironic really that it took a one man band in Russia to stir the complacency of the established manufacturers.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Did we not all discuss these issues from day one? I think none of us (less the coil manufactures themselves) will ever understand as to why, our own Australian coil manufactures have taken so long for a solution.
For whatever their reasons, the reality of it all is/was on Minelab, for if they had no further intentions of producing any more coils for the 7000 or SDC, why stop other manufacturers from doing so. Why not work/collaborate with our own aftermarket coil manufacturers, towards finding a reasonable solution, for I'm sure, it would have benefited all parties concerned.
Ironic indeed Reg, for if that's all that were needed, to change things for the better, I can only praise the manufacturer of X-Coils, who has taken it to a whole new level.
BTW, that 15X10 inch X-Coil spiral, is dynamite. Oops, there I go advertising Shocked V04 Q35

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  cars Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:39 am

Reg Wilson wrote: plus I notice that even the 'Prince of Claremont' has no idea of how the 'dongle' problem will be resolved.
Long time reader, not often poster.
There is no way that a reputable company like Nugget Finder, if they want to stay on Minelabs good side, will sell a product that you have to butcher a perfectly working Minelab coil, regardless of what `the turkey of Maldon` might have to say. I don`t even own a GPZ7000 and found that incredably offensive to JP.
cars

cars
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:31 am

Reg Wilson wrote:Pretty ironic really that it took a one man band in Russia to stir the complacency of the established manufacturers.

Agree X coils have got things going and maybe forced Minelab to pull their head out of the sand and decide to support a aftermarket Z coil Manufacturer.
I have recently been informed the fellows who were making patch leads are no longer doing so publicly, are we seeing a boycott of the best coils by far available for the GPZ right now, not a bird in the bush?

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 am

Reg Wilson wrote:Pretty ironic really that it took a one man band in Russia to stir the complacency of the established manufacturers.
I don't know if it was complacency Reg?
There's been talk of Australian manufacturers toying with GPZ coils for at least as long as X coils have been around, if not longer.
IMO it was more likely due to a reluctance to suggest or promote the modifications required to bypass Minelabs coil chip. Something looks to have changed?
Either way the X coil manufacturer has certainly blazed the way for others. Being in Russia, & for the most part very anonymous, he doesn't have the same concerns with possible backlash from the GPZ manufacturer & distributors.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:29 am

norvic wrote:

Agree X coils have got things going and maybe forced Minelab to pull their head out of the sand and decide to support a aftermarket Z coil Manufacturer.
I have recently been informed the fellows who were making patch leads are no longer doing so publicly, are we seeing a boycott of the best coils by far available for the GPZ right now, not a bird in the bush?
Being small businesses they're probably more concerned about manufacturer/distributor backlash & the possibility of liability if things go wrong than trying to boycott X coils themselves?
By not publicly advertising the service they are likely trying to stay under the radar & out of any controversy?

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:11 am

Reg, please don't make my job any more difficult than what it is. Do me a favour by sticking to the topic, without the innuendo or offensive remarks thrown in.
Lets all keep in mind that there's no such thing as a stupid question, just a dumb ass reply.
For what ever the reasons fellas, we all had a pretty good idea, of what we were getting into & the risks involved, by wanting to invest in an X-Coil. Each at there own peril. No one forced anyone to do anything.
Lets not blow this way out of proportion & i suggest you get your facts straight Cars. You are modifying a coil lead not butchering an entire coil, for the standard coil can still be used as before.
BTW if you don't own a GPZ 7000 nor have used an X-Coil before, you certainly aint in any position to comment on such.

Cheers Kon. T25

Last edited by Kon61gold on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Idigem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norvic Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:32 am

Tis not the small businessmen who`d be doing the boycotting, they as our aftermarket coil manufacturers maybe are being "influenced", wheras X coil being Russian cannot be influenced directly but without access to patch leads, X coil cannot continue except to those of us who can make their own. NF has indicated they are working on this, quote. "We are still looking at our options with regard to the plug.".

norvic
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  cars Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Kon61gold wrote:
BTW if you don't own a GPZ 7000 nor have used an X-Coil before, you certainly aint in any position to comment on such.

Cheers Kon. T25
Sorry Kon, my apologies.
I never said I had not owned a GPZ7000, and I was not aware that Reg currently owns one.
I wont cause you any more problems.
cars

cars
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Not a worry cars, for all's good. I wish to hold no qualms with any member on here. I simply interpreted your post as I saw it. It matters not who owns what, or has used what, there's a right way of answering another's post, or a wrong way & in the case of Reg & yourself, I see two wrongs not making it right.
Anyways fellas, its to close to the festive season for disrespecting one another. I'v said this before & I'll say it again, life is to short for crap. Enjoy it while you've got it.  Merry Christmas to all. santa

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:56 pm

There's probably a few things that you are not aware of Cars. I had one of the first GPZs off the line and had it for two years. My best score was a 27.7 oz nugget, so have had a bit of experience with the Z. I sold it simply because it was too heavy for my style of prospecting and it was only responsible for a very small percentage of the gold found that could not be found with a lot less expensive and lighter machine.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:34 pm

I hope that NF bring out a lighter coil, especially since I think ML are not prepared to bring one out and are probably working on a lighter version of the 7000, which I will not be buying, since SWMBO will be against it, together with the severe depreciation of my 7K when a new ML 7k replacement detector hits the market, when ever that happens. And No, I am not going to sell it and buy a QED, I'm attached to the Bloody Thing, with no where near the returns as from my ex ML4500..

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Has anyone had a 100% answer from Nugget Finder about, does there Z search coil require a patch lead to run on the GPZ7000

All very nice to have a picture of a coil and not show the coil cable

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:40 pm

indeed more info needed like telling a kid they can have a toy but not take them to the shop, daddy wants a beer but the pub is to far away Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked just me being me Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:46 pm

Although NF are a major, reputable, Australian coil manufacturer, until its made available, compared & or put to the test, by the many a GPZ 7000 user out there, a lot of questions remain to be answered, as to its performance characteristics. No doubt time will tell.
Anyways, quite obviously a well overdue saga & a long time in the making & I can only wish NF, the best of success towards their endeavours. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next