Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waaaayyyy Of Topic

+11
dundiggin
joe82
yellowmellow
Travelergold
Nightjar
Axtyr
Minermike
moredeep
Kon61gold
shire of boulder
adrian ss
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Waaaayyyy Of Topic  - Page 2 Empty Re: Waaaayyyy Of Topic

Post  Kon61gold Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Yes fellas, with age supposedly does come wisdom & not dementia. Wayyyyy off topic. Thanks for the pictures of gold finds fellas. A bit of eye candy every now & then is good for the soul.
Anyone out there still swinging a coil? Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:51 pm

9:45 22/10/19
Just got back from the Doc. Says my ticker is fine. So who knows, maybe 2020 will be my year back to the gold fields
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4356
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:27 pm

indeed Adrian nice gold lets hope you get back out there soon Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:19 am

This one is for you Adrian
https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/sudden-stratospheric-warming-is-the-unusual-climate-variation-affecting-ozone-heat-and-wind/530401
Make what you will from this but I remember we were told the Ozone hole was getting bigger many years ago.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:16 am

It is like I said; present day Global warming has nothing to do with man made pollutants in the atmosphere.
Even if we stop all world wide atmospheric polluting industry today and forever, Global warming will continue for at least another 4000 years.
    We either adapt or we die out.
This planet has gone through multiple warming and cooling cycles and we are still here. Trouble is that there is a lot more of us now and we have become dependant on technology and an easy life style. When the going gets tough the West may struggle to survive while third world countries who's people are used to tough times may out last us.

Just an opinion based on the superior intellect, knowledge and research of others who have come before me. What a Face Basketball Very Happy study lol!
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:51 am

adrian ss wrote:It is like I said; present day Global warming has nothing to do with man made pollutants in the atmosphere.
The evidence for anthropogenic greenhouse warming of the planet is beyond all reasonable doubt.
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/03102017/infographic-ocean-heat-powerful-climate-change-evidence-global-warming
https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/basics-of-climate-change/

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:38 am

So how do we decide which science is correct? The science that states  Anthropogenic causes are correct or the science that states natural cyclical causes are  correct?
For something to be declared as Beyond Reasonable Doubt indicates that it could be incorrect. What we need are absolute facts, not conclusions drawn from theory.
There is ample past  evidence that indicates how wrong science and scientists can be when it comes to global environmental and astronomical science.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:21 am

adrian ss wrote:So how do we decide which science is correct? The science that states  Anthropogenic causes are correct or the science that states natural cyclical causes are  correct?
Natural causes cannot explain all the present observations.Eg troposphere warming and stratospheric cooling and the globally synchronous rate of surface warming is 5-10 faster than when the earth has emerged from past ice ages.

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:45 am

Quote “Just an opinion based on the superior intellect, knowledge and research of others who have come before me”

And again “There is ample past evidence that indicates how wrong science and scientists can be when it comes to global environmental and astronomical science.

Seems to me that you are quite prepared to cherry pick the data from yesteryear to support your opinion, but refuse to accept the findings of modern day climate scientists. Go figure.

Lucky your knee surgeon was a little more progressive!

Col

Pebbles
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:30 pm

I am not cherry picking anything I am simply indicating the differing opinions of many scientists who each believes themselves to be correct.
Each can put forward theories and data based on research and  experiment which can be for or against the opinions of each other and each can present so called proof that either opinion can be  correct or false
As for my knee surgeon; I am not so sure that he is all that progressive because he refuses to use the most up to date procedures and can give what appear to be good reasons for doing so while those surgeons using robotic knee replacement procedures claim that they achieve better results . The proof is difficult to find.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2