Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOT All "BLUEBOWLS" are KEENE Blue Bowls

Go down

NOT All "BLUEBOWLS" are KEENE Blue Bowls Empty NOT All "BLUEBOWLS" are KEENE Blue Bowls

Post  jamessmith2 Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:51 am

Hi to All,
Just a quick comment re Consumer Awareness when buying a Blue Bowl
A recent purchase over the net has made me aware that a QLD Distributor is selling "Blue  Bowls" to various detector shops for resale.
After I got one I realised it was NOT the same as the KEENE ENGINEERING Blue Bowl I had used in California.
Research and some Emails to the mate whos' Keene I used caused me to discover that "BLUE BOWL" over there is generic , and the Sullivan and Willis is in fact legally also called a  Blue Bowl  but different in design to the actual "Keene Blue Bowl"
There is a obvious simpler design to the centre cone of the S&W when comparing the S&W I have in hand, and the pictures of the Keene I used in the USA.
The Warning is when buying make sure every "word" of the description matches the expectation.
At this stage I cant make any comment regards how much better one is than the other as I dont have both in hand to test in equal conditions,
The S&W has a easier to make "top contour"  of the cone rather than a "reverse funnel" as the top step.
This post is more to warn of a possible Confusion Point for other buyers.
I am not implying anyone is doing anything that is in anyway shonky, and mention in this case the actual design means the S&W was able to be cheaper because of easier production.
I might have shot myself in the foot buying on price, and not getting all the details exactly correct- A little too much "She'll be right"

jamessmith2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down