Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

+8
gollstar
Redfin
Kon61gold
Nightjar
rockhunter62
adrian ss
ozgold 041
producer
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS - Page 2 Empty Re: AUSSIE GOLD HUNTERS TV SHOW LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

Post  adrian ss Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:42 am

Nightjar wrote:
adrian ss wrote:I reckon I have pretty much done my dash in the gold fields but I sure did enjoy my time. I did not find a monster nugget and the flies, snakes, spiders, ants and occasional wild dog were totally overpowered by the serenity and peace of being in the bush. Whether I was down in a gully panning a creek or out in the hot and dry, I would do it all again in a heart beat given a second chance.

Adrian, Took this road so many years ago and I still carry my "lucky nugget" (2g, given to me by Bill & Nancy) two prospectors gave me this gold so I would know what natural gold, just out of the ground, looked like.
I remember we were holed up at Chesterfield/Meekatharra because a severe thunderstorm locked us in.
Bill's words of wisdom back then were: "Don't let gold fever consume you, enjoy the ride, and look around it is a wonderful world out there."
And your words ring true Adrian; "serenity and peace of being in the bush."

The bottom line is, so many get overwhelmed with greed and extreme expectations that they are going to pull a million $'s out of the ground when in reality it is very unlikely.

Enjoy the season everyone, it is a worthwhile day if you have something to weigh when you return to camp every day, even if it is a sub grammer.

Yes I still have the first gold I ever panned out of the creeks near Woods Point in 1970 and a bit from Licola Vic. and also a bit from Wedderburn in 1960.
I actually accidentally dropped all of this gold from Licola and Woods Point in a creek down in a gully near Woods Point one day  pale  and spent the rest of the day recovering it. That was a fun day. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4357
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2