Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator

2 posters

Go down

Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator  Empty Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator

Post  brimotimp Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

Does any one know how to load OziExplorer and topo maps onto an in dash navigator in a current model Landcruiser Sahara or VX. I already have a Hema style navigator that sticks on the windscreen, but would like to do away with that and just use the in-dash unit. Toyota say it can't be done, but I am sure it must be possible. Any suggestions?
Simon

brimotimp
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator  Empty Re: Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator

Post  Nightjar Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Not familiar with the Toyota, however if it has an SD or USB port feel sure you could get it to work.
I have an in dash aftermarket in my Patrol and purchased a mini SD from Ozi.
Best bet would be to contact OziExplorer and seek their advice.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator  Empty Re: Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator

Post  brimotimp Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks for that. I haven’t got the car yet but am thinking of getting one. There’s a slot on the dashboard for a micro SD card so I put my card with oziexplorer and my maps and data on and see what happens but to get into earlier versions of Toyota navigators you need some aftermarket hardware so I am not too optimistic

brimotimp
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down