Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator

Go down

Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator  Empty Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator

Post  brimotimp on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

Does any one know how to load OziExplorer and topo maps onto an in dash navigator in a current model Landcruiser Sahara or VX. I already have a Hema style navigator that sticks on the windscreen, but would like to do away with that and just use the in-dash unit. Toyota say it can't be done, but I am sure it must be possible. Any suggestions?
Simon

brimotimp
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator  Empty Re: Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator

Post  Nightjar on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Not familiar with the Toyota, however if it has an SD or USB port feel sure you could get it to work.
I have an in dash aftermarket in my Patrol and purchased a mini SD from Ozi.
Best bet would be to contact OziExplorer and seek their advice.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator  Empty Re: Loading Oziexplorer onto Toyota in dash navigator

Post  brimotimp on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks for that. I haven’t got the car yet but am thinking of getting one. There’s a slot on the dashboard for a micro SD card so I put my card with oziexplorer and my maps and data on and see what happens but to get into earlier versions of Toyota navigators you need some aftermarket hardware so I am not too optimistic

brimotimp
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum