Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dingo attack in W.A

2 posters

Go down

Dingo attack in W.A  Empty Dingo attack in W.A

Post  Guest 25th July 2018, 2:06 am

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/worker-mauled-by-three-dingos-at-east-pilbara-minesite-ng-b88904104z

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/fifo-worker-debbie-rundle-opens-up-about-violent-dingo-attack-at-telfer-minestite-ng-b88905205z

Back to top Go down

Dingo attack in W.A  Empty Re: Dingo attack in W.A

Post  Guest 25th July 2018, 8:19 am

And the Aboriginals are talking about releasing them back in the wild here V41
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss 25th July 2018, 3:47 pm

That is a bad outcome.
   I guess it is not much difference whether you get mauled by a pack of dingoes or Alsations or labradores etc .
The Dingo is not native to Australia, they were brought here from Asia by aborigines or Asian fishermen (possibly) 4 or 5 thousand years ago. They are a pest and destroy native wild life, why don't we wipe them out?
    Cats are not native to Australia and were brought here by our forefathers a couple of hundred years ago, they destroy native wild life. We are happy to wipe them out. So why the different attitude towards the dingo? .... I mean, a cat is nice and fluffy and feels good when you pat it and it can be a great companion.
A dingo is nice and fluffy and feels good when you pat it but does not make a good companion and can be a real bugger if it tries to eat you. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design 25th July 2018, 4:39 pm

Back when mail was delivered by horse and (later) by bicycle, there was a mailman in WA who was pursued by Dingoes for "many miles". I thought I had kept the illustration that accompanied the story but I can find neither.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1373549/Rare-footage-dingo-chasing-killing-feral-pig.html

I saw a starved dingo walking across the road in the Blue Mountains near Lithgow once while returning from the NSW Goldfields in a vehicle and wondered if hunger might force it to make bad decisions. Just recently I was in the Blue Mountains near Bilpin on a road at night photographing the night sky and a pack of dogs attacked a smaller animal about 40 meters away. It was a ghastly sound. I could not hear any barking but the sound of the dogs growling and snapping and tearing at the hapless creature they were killing was horrible. It sounded like there were at least half a dozen animals involved. I quickly packed up my gear and drove elsewhere.

The Dingo (1866) : "About fifteen years ago, my three brothers, at that time farming and cattle rearing on the Para River, South Australia, heard a cry of distress, about eight o'clock one winter evening, from the ranges about half a mile from their house. They at once armed themselves and sallied forth ; guided by the shouts of terror, they at last discovered a hutkeeper, with his back to a tree, surrounded by about twenty dingoes, howling and snapping about him, but still keeping out of reach. The instant that assistance arrived, the native dogs at once rushed into the scrub, pursued by a couple of kangaroo dogs, who worried the dingoes without fear of retaliation, and after being absent about half an hour, came back with their mouths covered with blood, and scarce a scratch, though they were overmatched ten to one.  "

The hutkeeper's story was that, when going from the head station with a quarter of mutton for his own and shepherd's use, he started after nightfall, and when among the ranges, a cold rain falling at the time, he suddenly saw that he was surrounded by dingoes.  Foolishly, he gave them the meat he carried, emboldened by which, they came to such close quarters that his screams of terror brought assistance
.”  

Dingo attack in W.A  Dingo-10

1860s: An instance of their attacking a man on horseback, was thus reported in a recent number of the Wood’s Point Leader :—"The snow on Mount Useful was eighteen inches. When passing over that delightful pinch on horseback, at ten o'clock one evening, Mr Wm. Grey states that he was pursued by a large pack of wild native dogs, and had to fly for his life. The night was so dark that he could see nothing but the glare of their savage eyes, and he computes their number at not less than forty or fifty. His horse was considerably knocked up, and the ravenous animals were on several occasions so close to its heels that the alarmed rider could only keep them off by shouting at the top of his voice, and striking at his enemies with a stick. This exciting amusement was kept up for several miles, when Mr Grey fortunately met a troop of packers and pack horses, whose tramping of hoofs and cracking of whips had the desired effect, and no more was seen of the unwelcome intruders.

nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum