Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Prospecting looking for like-minded diggers

2 posters

Go down

New to Prospecting looking for like-minded diggers Empty New to Prospecting looking for like-minded diggers

Post  Black Gold Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am in the northern suburbs of Brisbane and would like to meet like-minded prospectors who would be interested in finding some areas to search or pan around brisbane
Cheers Dave

Black Gold
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

New to Prospecting looking for like-minded diggers Empty New to Prospecting looking for like-minded diggers

Post  YibiDavid Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi David,
I also live nrth of Brisbane & my name is the same? Firstly welcome to this great forum. May I recommend you to check out the " treasureenterprises.com " website if you haven't already, they used to be situated at Coopers plains & I think they have shut down, however their website is chock full of useful info, they show where all the main gold has been discovered over the years in most of Qld, it is a great start to then do your own research. Even though there are many old hidden mines situated near Mt Cootha & nearby, most of it is in Forestry& can be dangerous with the long grass , presence of snakes & maybe exposed shafts! The closest areas are near Warwick, Talgie. We have our own Miners Den at Underwood, the chap there used to take a few people on the weekends to those nearby goldfields , so worth while giving him a buzz, so there's a few pointers in the right direction, good luck in finding gold close to Brisbane & any where else, cheers David
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Gold Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:49 pm

YibiDavid,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I have done some research of Brisbane areas, like you have mentioned.
As I am new to the gold hunting fever I have a lot to learn eg; not treading on some one else's ground, licence, claims, where to look and how, etc.
This is why I was hoping to find someone in my area that can advise me, go through the motions and such.
Hopefully I will get a response from this post and meet up with a fellow prospector.
Thanks for your advise, good hunting.
Regards Black Gold (Dave)

Black Gold
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down