Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie to Prospecting

2 posters

Go down

newbie to Prospecting Empty newbie to Prospecting

Post  Jeff72 Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Hello Alll, im new to detecting, and trying to get the family along for the ride. just purchased an excellent used GPX 4500 and on our first outing up to Beaufort we found 1 22 lead bullet in about 3" of dirt ( that got the heart racing ! ) 4 22 casings, a staple , 2 nails and 2 cans ! not what we were hoping for but fun nonetheless ! I think i have the detector working ok, but hoping to go out again this weekend for another crack, maybe try and test the machine on some buried targets to make sure its running well. Anyway thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself and hope to learn more and more from this wonderful forum Smile

Jeff72
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

newbie to Prospecting Empty Re: newbie to Prospecting

Post  joe82 Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:07 am

welcome mate, you have a good detector in the 4500, trust it, learn it and keep at it sooner or later the gold will show, it took me abour 8-9mths before I hit No 1 good luck Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

newbie to Prospecting Empty Re: newbie to Prospecting

Post  Jeff72 Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks Joe !
we are heading out tommorow again to have a go. gonna try set up the machine best i can on some scrap lead pieces buried first.

Jeff72
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down