Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New video of the Minelab EQUINOX

4 posters

Go down

New video of the Minelab EQUINOX  Empty New video of the Minelab EQUINOX

Post  delete52 Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 am

Looks and sounds good to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUz1xl-d-nE Very Happy Very Happy

delete52
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

New video of the Minelab EQUINOX  Empty Re: New video of the Minelab EQUINOX

Post  nero_design Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:10 am

How's THIS for recovery speed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yKHpUiHQZc

I was talking to someone who has used the machine earlier today and he didn't mention to me how fast the recovery speed was.  I suspect this new one will replace the X-Terras completely and perhaps the Safari.  Not quite sure where it will sit yet.  I'm told the Equinox "feels a bit cheap" when you handle it. I'll have to see for myself.  Right now I'm getting weary of Minelab's endless mcguffin names for all their "technology" (MPS, FBS, MMS, SETA, BBS, 3Fx3, Accu-TRAKm FBS2, DVT, 5Fx8, VFLEX etc - and now we have Multi-iQ (Multi Frequency)for the EQUINOX detector.

But, if the technology advances it probably needs an identifiable moniker to help describe what it does.  I think there's some good looking potential here. Let's see what it is capable of.  It seems to be aimed towards lower priced brackets if there's two different models with a 'crippled' version for coin/treasure only and a more 'advanced' version with more frequencies.

Single Frequency detectors had quite a bit going for them with a strong single-frequency output.  Many writers claimed it was superior to ACCU-TRAK and BBS but I think this new detector is claiming to make single frequency machines redundant.  Will this be the case?
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

New video of the Minelab EQUINOX  Empty Re: New video of the Minelab EQUINOX

Post  bedrock Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:11 am

indeed a very versatile detector, can also be used to create music.... Smile)
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

New video of the Minelab EQUINOX  Empty Equinox 800 recovery speed video

Post  Golden-oldie Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:20 am

It would have been interesting to see the screen readout as well during the test.
I have an Equinox 800 and I'm very happy with it's performance and recovery times on multiple signals in close proximity.

Thanks for posting the Video

Golden-oldie
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-10-01

Back to top Go down