Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another newbie!

3 posters

Go down

Another newbie! Empty Another newbie!

Post  Bobh Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi folks, thanks for accepting me. I'm from west coast of SA and travel to WA two out of every 3 years. Love the rainbow coast and Pilbra. While wife photographs native birds I like looking for gold using ML4500. Haven't found enough to pay for detector but don't care just like the challenge of trying to identify the signs.

Bobh
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-07-08

Back to top Go down

Another newbie! Empty Re: Another newbie!

Post  slimpickens Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi Bobh, welcome aboard. With the right attitude you've got, the gold will eventually kick in I'm sure. Cheers, Harry
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Q31 to the Forum Bobh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:13 pm

G'day Bobh,

And WELCOME TO The Forum. The GPX 4500 is still a very capable machine that can still find plenty of gold and in time you should be able to cover your outlays, but as you say the challenge is what it is all about. We travel to WA every year and have done so since 2007. We mainly do it for the nicer weather during the winter months and any gold we find is a bonus for us.

Cheers and good luck with your prospecting.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:14 am

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum, the search for gold can take us to some magical spots and the bird life can be amazing, if you care to notice  Wink , so at least in my mind detecting and photography are a marriage made in heaven, we do have an off topic area, I am sure there are many members here who would appreciate a good bird picture, feel free to invite the wife to post some if she wishes.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down