Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings

5 posters

Go down

Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings Empty Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings

Post  YibiDavid Mon May 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Gooday Members, Been awhile since I've posted a thread, I'm in Brisbane & haven't detected for ages. Firstly was wondering if anybody has heard of Tararan Holdings. According to Gold & Ghosts it is 29 km n/w of Gingin & according to " Treasure Enterprises" it is 22km n/w of Gingin. They stated about 300-375 gms of surface gold was won by the old timers & that detecting in the area might gain some rich rewards. Gingin is about 350 ks north from Brisbane. Bare with me as this story will get interesting ( it does for me). About 8 years ago I bought 48 acres of land west of gingin, which is about ( as the crow flys) 30ks n/e from Mount Perry- a well known gold producing district. Unfortunately my property doesn't seem to be Auriferous, no quartz or ironstone, have run my GP3500 over several areas for no results. About 3 years ago the Government decided to reconstruct the Bruce highway about 26 ks nth of Gingin as there were too many crashes & fatalities, so they straightened a few ks of the road. I went up that way a few times before it was completed & was thinking to myself- Tararan workings should be in the vicinity, there were heaps of soil scrapped & left beside the highway ( would have loved to swing a detector over that). Well I was also dreaming that maybe some property nearby would be up for sale. On the right side of the road is a cattle farmer with over 3000 acres to his name, the new highway happened to traverse through some of his land (47 acres) so he happened to put it on the market as he no longer could use it for his cows. My dream had come true as I snapped up that property for a bargain with outstanding views when I noticed it on Realestate.com that I regularly viewed. Last summer I was up there & collected some cow dung for fertilizer from another property on the left side of the highway which also is in the thousands of acres & no sign of the owners premises. I could see in the close distance some unusual formations so risked going over there, well have I located the "Tararan Gold Prospect" only 600mtrs from my newly bought property. There were very dark brown to black rocks piled up 3-4 mtrs by about 15 mtrs long , similar heights of soil ( overgrown with grass) either side & one spot probably where the rocks etc came out of was about 1.5 metres lower undulation 5mtrs by about 40mtrs long. I will be going up there soon now that it is cooler , hope to locate the owner & introduce myself & see if I can detect the area. I doubt ( & hope no one has detected there) as it is fairly hard to find & most farmers don't worry much except for their lively hood being cattle! I will definately be taking several photos of the spot & will download them next time I'm back for all to see & maybe convince me that it was gold workings there once, so stay tuned for more hope you enjoyed my story so far & that I didn't bore anyone, Cheers David
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings Empty Re: Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings

Post  piston broke Tue May 30, 2017 8:13 am

Wow that sounds interesting David. Can't wait for part 2 . cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue May 30, 2017 9:16 am

Thanks for posting the story David we look forward to hearing more and some photo's would be great.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Tue May 30, 2017 2:32 pm

Interesting story david. We just hope that you might find some colour there. And you are showing also that research is also needed to help in the quest fot success.  All the best with your prospecting adventures. TG

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  YibiDavid Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:43 am

Thanks to Peter, Steve & TG for your positive remarks, can't wait to get up north & investigate further ( Just hope I haven't caused an " X marks the spot Rush" ??
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rotor Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:14 pm

I know this is an older thread but - google earth overlay has a marker for Tararan n/w of GinGin Very Happy
rotor
rotor
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings Empty Re Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings

Post  YibiDavid Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi Rotor,
If I may be ignorant I'm not sure what point you are trying to make by your reply, could you maybe elaborate further,thanks
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rotor Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:29 am

YibiDavid wrote:Hi Rotor,
          If I may be ignorant I'm not sure what point you are  trying to make by your reply, could you maybe elaborate further,thanks

From the opening post I thought you were looking for "Tamaran" mine or prospect? Just pointing out that if you have the Google Earth mines kml it shows that abandoned mine close to your location/area.
rotor
rotor
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings Empty Re Tararan Gold Prospect Or Workings

Post  YibiDavid Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi Again Rotor,
Thanks for your reply. Don't know if you checked out my photos of the area concerned- under Part 2. to me it didn't seem like a mine, plenty of rocks & soil mounds, apart from a few deeper excavations, definately just workings or Prospect as mentioned in Gold & Ghosts 2. The area would only be around 3-4 acres in size in my opinion, so quite small, hence only 10 ounces found back in early 1900's. I only have a GP3500 & detected there once, it had a lot of interference so was using the original minelab 11'' DD coil. I found a small lid with 4 notches ? on it & a small triangular shaped metal about 2 cm ( could have been a pick end) There was one spot that sounded promising, I dug down about 25cms which was tough going & it was almost sunset, I hadn't reached the target so filled in the hole & will be doing round 2 there next time I go up to my new property, so for those still interested there might be a Part 3 to this thread Question
Cheers David
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down